Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSP Pages

former_member445996
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can JSP pages be developed by dragging and dropping controls like VB/ASP? Is there any IDE that lets you develop the JSP page like that?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aurang,

As far as i know there is no such IDE in which you can develop the JSP through drag and drop.

As Noufal has suggested that you can create the simple HTML page in any HTML builder tool like Microsoft FrontPage or there are many such tools for doing the same and then you can make the changes you want to do in that.

I have given you some links of free IDE in your last post. These are the standard IDE's which are generally used. I would personally suggest that you use Eclipse for developing the JSP and Servlets or any other java program since :

1) Eclipse is providing a facility of showing the functions and API's while programming same as done in Visual Studio.

2) SAP Netweaver is also using the Eclipse IDE for developing the application so it can be of great help when you start working on Netweaver Developer Studio.

I am again giving you the link from where you can download the Eclipse IDE. Download and start working on it. If any problem arises then please let me know.

<u><b>Eclipse IDE</b>:</u> http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/index.php

Regards

Pravesh

PS: Please consider giving points if the answer is helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

IBM WebSphere Studio Application Development (WSAD) has limited drag and drop capabilities for JSP's

You will have to decide wether it is worth it. I believe you can get a 90 days demo version for free... It works on eclipse.

NetBeans might give some of the same capabilities. You'll have to check it out.

former_member182670
Contributor
0 Kudos

Oracle JDeveloper has visual editor for jsp.

Have a look at http://www.oracle.com/tools/jdev_home.html

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think you can do it with JSP. One thing that you can do is to create the page in the html editor of the Microsoft and make the appropriate changes manually.