cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple clients to JMS queue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a JMSQueue in Visual administrator and able to send /receive messages thru JMS send/recr adapter but need clarification on the below requirement.

1) How Can I connect JMSQueue in Visual administrator from external systems without using JMS adapter i.e from another WAS JMS queue/other JMS server which is installed on different machine.

2)How can i connect JMS queue from different clients? Is it possible to post the message into one queue from different clients.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) How Can I connect JMSQueue in Visual administrator from external systems without using JMS adapter i.e from another WAS JMS queue/other JMS server which is installed on different machine.

You can not connect from one queue to other queue. You will need to have a client program i.e. JMS client program written in Java to do this. This client prog can run on different machine and connect to the queues on your WebAS.

2)How can i connect JMS queue from different clients? Is it possible to post the message into one queue from different clients.

Nothing prevents this. You can send message to a Queue from different client programs, the queue implementation has to ensure that those messages are available in a FIFO basis for the consumers.

Note that if your requirement is just posting a message from multiple clients, it is possible with queues. if your requirement is a single message to be read by multiple clients , then you have to use topics.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I need clarification on JMS topics.as per SAP note 856346 (Q.2.1),JMS adapter doen't support JMS topics.

1)Is it possible to send the same message to multiple receivers by using JMS adapter? (JMS supports point-to-point)

2)How do we post the message to one queue from different clients? what are the possible ways to achieve the same?

3)My requirement is: There is a java program , webserver and 100MB size file at source.each time the java program readys say 10MB of data from source file and send it to queue thru webserver and JMS sender adapter reads it from queue and send it to target by using receiver adapter till 100MB data is transfered.Could you please give some idea to achieve this.

Thanks again for your reply.

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

XI JMS adapter doen't support JMS topics.

So you cant achieve this using XI, PERIOD.

2. as I suggested, you can have one single java program written which connects to the queue using standard JMS client programming and puts a message onto the queue. you can then run multiple instances of this same program on different machines or even make use of it as a class library in many different progs on different machine...does this help?

3. as far as i understand your requirement in terms of XI, BPM might help you achieve this....you can probably send a message containing END_OF_DATA identifier from the web server to queue...and keep collecting the data in BPM till you receive one such message with E_O_D identifier and then finally write to the target side....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

This is very much helpful information.I will check this.....

thanks a lot.

Regards,

Srinivas