cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bill of material

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I want to impliment the quotations for Bill Of Material. What is the configarations i have to do? pls help me.

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The following are the things needed. This is soemthing i have copied from one of the posts here itself.

hi,

BOM is of 2 types - Pricing at header level and pricing at sub item level..

For pricing at header level go to MM01 to create material master for header material. In basic data1 select item category group as ERLA. also in Sales:sales org 2 there also maintain ERLA in both fields of item category group. Complete the master and save it.

Now create the material master records for sub items also and in this case the item caegory group will be NORM as usual. save the records.

Now go to CS01 - cretae BOM.

here in the material field enter the name of the header material, enter the plant name in the plant field and in the BOM USAGE select 5 (sales & distribution). Leave the Alternative BOM field as blank. Now press enter.

In the Component field enter the material codes for the sub items and in the ICt column select 'L' - stock item. enter the respective quantities and save the BOM.

Maintain the pricing for the header material in VK11. Since the sub items can also be sold as individual items maintain pricing for them also.

Also check the item category assignment in VOV4. The item category for header item is TAQ and for sub items is TAE.

Go to VA01 - create sales order. Enter the material and the BOM will explode.

This completes your BOM with pricing at header material.

For pricing at sub item level:

For pricing at header level go to MM01 to create material master for header material. In basic data1 select item category group as LUMF. also in Sales:sales org 2 there also maintain LUMF in both fields of item category group. Complete the master and save it.

Now create the material master records for sub items also and in this case the item caegory group will be NORM as usual. save the records.

create the BOM as mentioned above. Maintain pricing for sub items In VK11. The header item pricing is not relevant in this case.

Maintain item category determination in VOV4. Item category for header item is TAP and sub items is TAN.

Go to VA01 - create sales order. Enter the material and the BOM will explode.

I hope I ahve answered your query. Reward valuable points if solution helps.

Rwd if it helps.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have a similar problem. I follow the instructions but get the message

"Message no. V2003

Diagnosis

When the bill of material was exploded, it was established that no sales document item could be created for material 100-500.

System Response

The system ignores the material during bill of material explosion.

Procedure

Check if the BOM explosion can be used without material 100-500. If not, delete the main item which lead to the BOM explosion. You may be able to enter an item manually in which the material 100-500 in the BOM is replaced."

Do you have any idea what can be wrong, I cannot see anything wrong in the CS03 Display BOM screen. I colleague told me to check for OSS notes, but there are a lot to choose from there..

Any idea??

Best regards Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got the same issue, where in system threw a error saying the material **** not copied from bill of material.

The problem was the material was not extended in the plants. I exteded the material in the sales area, plants and the language DE.

It Worked !

You can try by manually keying the materials that were not copied from the BOM.

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi subbu,

BOM is of 2 types - Pricing at header level and pricing at sub item level..

For pricing at header level go to MM01 to create material master for header material. In basic data1 select item category group as ERLA. also in Sales:sales org 2 there also maintain ERLA in both fields of item category group. Complete the master and save it.

Now go to CS01 - cretae BOM.

here in the material field enter the name of the header material, enter the plant name in the plant field and in the BOM USAGE select 5 (sales & distribution). Leave the Alternative BOM field as blank. Now press enter.

In the Component field enter the material codes for the sub items and in the ICt column select 'L' - stock item. enter the respective quantities and save the BOM.

Maintain the pricing for the header material in VK11. Since the sub items can also be sold as individual items maintain pricing for them also.

Also check the item category assignment in VOV4. The item category for header item is TAQ and for sub items is TAE.

Sal doc type ItC Gr Usg Hig Itc Cat Dflt C

QT ERLA TAQ

QT ERLA TAQ TAE

Save the settings.

Go to VA21 - create quotation. Enter the material and the BOM will explode.

For pricing at sub item level:

For pricing at header level go to MM01 to create material master for header material. In basic data1 select item category group as LUMF. also in Sales:sales org 2 there also maintain LUMF in both fields of item category group. Complete the master and save it.

create the BOM as mentioned above. Maintain pricing for sub items In VK11. The header item pricing is not relevant in this case.

Maintain item category determination in VOV4. Item category for header item is TAP and sub items is TAN.

Sal doc type ItC Gr Usg Hig Itc Cat Dflt C

QT LUMF TAP

QT LUMF TAP TAE

QT NORM TAP TAN

Save the settings.

Go to VA21 - create quotation. Enter the material and the BOM will explode.

I hope I ahve answered your query. Reward valuable points if solution helps.

Rewards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Apart from the above one more important concept is of delivery group which is relevant for item level pricing.

If u don't maintain delivery group schedule line will be due at different time for different sub item but we have to supply all the components of bom at one time else it will be mess.

Form delivery group and correlate BOM components

Here you can determine whether sub-items that belong to a main item, and which resulted from a BOM explosion, are to be combined in a delivery group.

Use

You use a delivery group to determine a common delivery date for all the items that it contains. If you double the quantity ordered for the main item, then the order quantity for the sub-item will also be doubled.

Indicator X means that a delivery date is created for the delivery group. The system uses the last date (chronologically) of an item in this group to create the schedule line date.

Indicator A means that the system generates correlated schedule lines. If no complete delivery is required, as soon as all the items in a bill of material are available, the system creates a correlated schedule line. On the first date, when all items in a bill of material are available, a confirmed quantity is issued.