cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt on technical systems and fault message types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had still doubt & i'm not clear to answers i got yesterday , plz clarify my doubts

1.what are fault message types and how do we catch any exceptions in file to proxy scenario , can any one give simple example ?

2.How do we register a non-sap system(FTP SERVER) in SLD ? what steps should we follow? Does any one have blogs regarding this?

Plz answer to this questions, good answers will be rewarded.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha,

<i>1. what are fault message types and how do we catch any exceptions in file to proxy scenario , can any one give simple example</i>

Fault Message are Msg type that provided whenever u create a namespace..they are usually used to get the exception or error mapped which has occured while execution of Application at the sender/receiver end....

One scenario where i had used it from Soap to RFC where i defined the exception in rfc source code at r/3 end...I mapped that exception to Fault msg type that i created of my own type(didnt used the default)..

Refer this for Fault msg usage in Asynch scenarios.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/02/fault-message-types--a-demo-part-1

Refer this for Fault msg usage in Synch scenarios.

/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/01/16/xi-propagation-of-meaningful-error-information-to-soap-client

Refer this for Handling Exceptions

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/33/4a773f12f14a18e10000000a114084/content.htm

<i>2.How do we register a non-sap system(FTP SERVER) in SLD ? what steps should we follow? Does any one have blogs regarding this?</i>

For this you have to define the 3rd Party TS & BS in sld.

Have a look at the following links...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/fa/0aad3efa11b300e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Cheers...

Vasu

<b>** REward POints if found useful **</b>

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

To answer Your Second ques first as suggested by others you can use Third Party to create Your Technical system. Itz very much <b>similar to</b> creating a technical system for<b> file system</b>.

Be carefull while specifying the <b>System name</b> , <b>Host Name</b>. Select the installed products.

After that you can define a Business System or use a Business Service depends.

Coming to first Question.

Fault Message:Fault messages are used to handle application specific errors that occurs at the inbound side and that have to be reported back to sender system/ service.

Itz mostly used in Synchronous scenario where instead of sending a response message back to sender system we send fault message to handle the error.

For Further reference please follow

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5d/a45c3cff8ca92be10000000a114084/content.htm">FAULT MESSAGES</a>

Cheers,

*RAJ*

*REWARD POINTS IF FOUND USEFULL**

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>1.what are fault message types and how do we catch any exceptions in file to proxy scenario , can any one give simple example ?</i>

Fault messages are used to propogate / send back the error maessage to the calling application. This is used when there is a failue and the sending system needs to know what the error was

See this

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/02/fault-message-types--a-demo-part-1

<i>

2.How do we register a non-sap system(FTP SERVER) in SLD ? what steps should we follow? Does any one have blogs regarding this?</i>

Go to SLD.

Create a third party technical system and a corresponding third party business system fot FTP server. U dont need any technical details (like ip address) for creating technical or businss system in this case.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Smitha,

>>what are fault message types and how do we catch any exceptions in file to proxy scenario

Fault msg types are to raisae our own custom error msgs for handling <b>Application errors</b>. You can read Shabarish Vijayakumar's blog on Fault msgs (both in asynch and synch scenario).

>>How do we register a non-sap system(FTP SERVER) in SLD ? what steps should we follow?

You have 2 options here.

1. Create a third party TEchnical system and a business system based on that.

2. Create a Business service in ID directly.

>>>good answers will be rewarded.

Not every one here are for points. I really find this disturbing.

Regards,

Jai Shankar