cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in fileto file scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

im working on a file to file scenario.

My scenario is not posting the output file in the destination.I have few doubts.

1.in a file to file scenario, I have used just one business system

2.How do I check whether my communication channels are working fine(I checked in the communication channel monitoring in runtime workbench.both are showing finished successfully but the file is not posted in the destination)

if you any of can send me a step by step process fro a file to file scenario that would be really helpful.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

KM,

Go to Message Monitoring, Choose Adapter Engine click display. Select ur messge and check for audit log.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

no messages are being displayed in the message monitoring, can you please help me

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>no messages are being displayed in the message monitoring,</i>

That means there s some problem while sending the file.

What s ur processing mode? If its delete, is ur file getting deleted?

If Yes, go to RWB and check status of ur sender file adapter and audit log for ur message there in message monitoring.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

processing mode is delete,file is not being deleted at all

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then the problem is with ur communication channel configuration or the sender agreement.

-make sure ur sender agreement is activated.

-make sure u r providing correct FTP details

-check file name and directory name

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KM,

I think it has not picked the file only. Can you cross check what is the file name you have given?

Do look to the extension of the file whether is it correct or not?

Regards,

Ramesh P

Former Member
0 Kudos

I check in componenet monitoring and the adapter engine is in red

it gives me the following message

4 communication channels have an error status3 communication channels inactive0 communication channels not providing any status information0 adapters logging communication-channel-independent processing errors

how do i view what are those four communication channels

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

KM,

Go to Component monitoring and choose your Business system, it will display the channels u used for that business system,, and check whether the status is active.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KM,

If Sender File adapters status is green, then..

you have to first look at the sending point where the file picked. Hence check the file path and name is correct or not...

Are you using NFS or FTP ?

Regards,

Ramesh P

Former Member
0 Kudos

adapter status is red

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to check what are the communication channels present in the business system

Former Member
0 Kudos

NFS

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

KM,

In which SP u are in, based on ur previous replies u said u are seeing in Communication Chanel Monitoring . The same way If you click on the comm.channel monitoring it will take u to other window, there it has the option of selecting Business system, namespace etc.... Isn't it? There choose Business system and click display.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have checked the status is active for both outbound and inbound channels it shows green and says "Communication channel is correctly configured and started"

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

KM,

Please don't mind as I'm asking this, just to make sure, have u created sender agreement. Coz I'll usually use to do in my earlier days

Best regards,

raj.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

In the business system check u r path ur given i.e integration server path has to be given i.e http://<host>:500<instance>/sap/xi/engine?type=entry

u give this in ur business system.now check with component monitoring now it will turn to green.then will come to the scenario.

Rewards points if useful,

Regards,

Srinivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Rather Use the SXMB_MONI to check the status of message processing. Check the parameters of your File adapter. Most imp at the receiver file adapter target destination, file name scheme, File construction mode. If the target directory is not already define try once creating the directory manually and running it.

• Are you using Any File Content Conversion Prameters in this case ?**

Cheers,

*RAJ*

*REWARD POINTS IF USEFULL*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im not using any conversions

im just using the normal file system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

check sxmb_moni ,and then in Runtime workbench under Adaptar monitoring check the status of File sender and Receiver adapter

Thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please refer to following blogs ,

File to File Part1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

File to File Part 2

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

Thanks ,

Suvarna