cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TREX HTTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to everyone:

I install TREX in a SOLARIS but I'm not sure if it functions correctly because I don't how to load files, someone can tell me how can I verify that the queue, index, and the TREX server functions correctly. I'm conecting with Java (HTTP)

And what processes should it had running in the server.

And also how can I make proofs with my TREX installation.

And another, what's the purpose of the sdn points.

THANKS

Reward Points

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joel,

Unfortunately, you have not written which version of TREX you are using. Supposing you are on some SAP NetWeaver'04s revision, i.e., TREX 7.0 you can have a quick functionality test:

- open a shell under the user <sid>adm and cd /usr/sap/<SID>/TRX<inst_no>/

- execute the shell script TREXSettings.sh or TREXSettings.csh depending on which shell you are working in

- within the same shell, cd exe/python_support/

- enter the command: python runInstallationTest.py and see what it tells you.

You can also open the python TREXAdmin tool under

/usr/sap/<SID>/TRX<inst_no>/TREXAdmin.sh

and check under the Services tab that all processes are labelled green. In this tool, you can also do some more checks like create indexes etc. In case that you do not have the possibility to open a window-driven application, practically all the major functionalities can also be found under exe/python_support in form of test scripts.

Alternatively, you can check the OS process list

ps -fu<sid>adm | grep -i TREX

There should be a TREXNameServer.x, TREXIndexServer.x, TREXPreprocessor.x, TREXQueueServer.x and a TREXDaemon.x. Furthermore, if configured correctly, some Apache processes can also be found. However, in order to test the HTTP connection you could, if I remember well, e.g., open some browser window and enter the url:

http://<machine_name>:3<two_digit_inst_no>05/TREX?CMD=PING

(mind the capital letters.)

Best regards,

Sascha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have to login into the Target system-->Run tx. "trexadmin" --> select the rfc and we can find all the services in the target.

RFC, HTTP server, Queue server, Index server, Should be status On and It is greeen.

Regarding SDN points, it is only for encourage the people !!

If you want to know more information, plz. visit the following.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn

In the left side, "Contributors Corner", check here.

Note: Points always encourage me to reply !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the server you need to have all the processes running and all should appear green. Also test your RFC to see if it is working fine.

Thanks

Christo