cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can XI check data in source system before sending message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

Here is my scenario:

FTP Server ---PO XML ---> XI ---PO Message ---> SAP System

In order to fully complete the PO message in XI, I need to refer to some data that only resides in the SAP System.

My question is, can XI check the data (table) in the SAP System before actually sending the message to the SAP System?

Warm regards,

Glenn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

XI cannot check for a table in the R/3 system before inserting the data into R/3 system because can only do the integration basing on the message only we have to decide where it is inserted or not.

Regards,

Srinivas.D

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glenn,

Of course you can do it. Juz do a RFC look up in your mapping program and get those details from the table and fill the message and send to R/3.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinivas!

So, how can we complete the message in XI if we can only find the other required fields in the R/3 system?

Hello Raj,

"<i>Of course you can do it. Juz do a RFC look up in your mapping program and get those details from the table and fill the message and send to R/3."</i>

Were you refering to the source system or receiving system?

Warm regards,

Glenn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I meant... "Can XI check data in RECEIVING system before sending message?"

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>Can XI check data in RECEIVING system before sending message?"

Yes. As Raj has pointed out using RFC lookup API to call the RFC with in mapping is one way. How do you send the data to R/3?

Another option to achieve this requirement is to send the data as it is to R/3 and do the cross reference with in R/3 (proxy coding). This could be more performant.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jai,

If this is possible (RFC), could you describe how it would work in simple terms.

How also could the proxy coding in R/3 work?

Thanks so much!

Glenn

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

have a look at the following for RFC look ups

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/21/use-this-crazy-piece-for-any-rfc-mapping-lookups

Thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>>If this is possible (RFC), could you describe how it would work in simple terms.

Ofcourse. Michal has explained it in very simple terms with screen shots here.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/xi-code-samples...

>>>How also could the proxy coding in R/3 work?

This is just a select statement with in proxy coding. You can get help from a ABAPER to do this easily.

Regards,

Jai Shankar