cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI 7.10 Installation Server Patching Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

A while back I was having a problem with patching a SAPGUI 710 installation server. A suggestion from the forum was that the version of the SAP Download Manager I was using could be corrupting the patch. So I downloaded and installed the latest SAP Download Manager, downloaded the GUI patch and was then able to apply the GUI patch to the Installation Server. Now I am seeing the same sort of problem with trying to apply the recently released BI and BW patches to the 710 installation server. When I run the SAPSetupAdmin.exe tool, select "Patch Server", browse to the patch and select "Next" to apply the patch, nothing happens. I reinstalled the latest Download Manager, but no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom Grantham

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi you two,

I've had that behavior too. The solution was: When you download a patch via Downloadmanager you get 2 files, the patch and some kind of a text file... You need both files to apply the patch against the installation server!

Peter

--

Points always appreciated

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

steven_glennie
Explorer
0 Kudos

I just found this post via google. The same issue has been driving me mad for the last week. Renaming the patches from .EXE to .exe resolved this for me.

Many thanks Thomas, you have just confirmed to me that I am not going completly mad!!

Many thanks & regards,

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I opened up an OSS message with SAP. The response is below. Changing the extension from EXE to exe fixed the problem.

Tom.....

10.07.2007 - 11:41:28 CET SAP Reply

Dear Mr. Grantham,

There have been rare reports of the latest download manager not

resolving the issue. I have just been updated from a development supportcolleague there is a small issue with the patch extensions which

prohibits NwSapSetupAdmin from applying the patches.

With the patches that you have currently downloaded could you try

renaming the extension to lower case only please (.EXE to .exe) and thenapply the patches.

If the patches still cannot be applied then could you kindly try

downloading and applying the patches for BW & BI from the SAPmats links

below:

BW350GUI710_1_10004473.exe

https://sapmats-de.sap-ag.de/download/download.

cgi?id=AC2WQZ8ABBYCGNF3DY0KU7AXXXX3HWGKL5EF9HHR78DRX8MUYM

BI710_1_10004472.exe

https://sapmats-de.sap-ag.de/download/download.

cgi?id=KZGA233QK8LX12CS3CRZHMXZCRU0BDQVIXBVMFIOZT8P5EOU7M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

The reply I had from SAP was to just rename the patches in lowercase!

I've just done that with the patches that I'd already downloaded and it works just as it is supposed to.

Regards,

Cilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the exact same problem once. I did resolve by downloading the latest SAP Download Manager AND the patch files through the new DL manager. They then applied successfully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad to see it's not just me having this problem!