Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Program is not registered in xi " problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

we get the error "Program is not registered in xi" when

executing the "connection test" via transaction 'sm59' for the relevant RFC connection between our XI and ECC systems.

the same test went fine earlier and just went wrong.

here is the error in details:

R F C - Connection Test

ERROR- program XXX not registered

LOCATION- SAP-Gateway on host xiprd / sapgw00

DETAIL- TP XXX not registered

COMPONENT- SAP-Gateway

COUNTER- 327

MODULE gwr3cpic.c

LINE- 1599

RETURN CODE 679

SUBRC- 0

RELEASE- 640

TIME- Mon Jul 09 19:27:25 2007

VERSION- 2

thanks ahead,

Meir Aharoni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our Very High problem about missing program ID was caused by a missing

entry in the windows\system32\drivers\etc\Services file : sapgw04.

The problem is solved !

Thank's everybody.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shlomy Shalom ,

I am also gettingthe smae problem while creating RFC destinationof type "T" of "Programme ID " Not Registered .I have given the name of R/3 system host and Gateway while creating the RFC Destination.

Even I have checked that the entry sapgw00(R/3) is there in windows\system32\drivers\etc\Services file.

Shall I have to create the Programme id in "saprfc.ini " and use in SM59?

PLeas help me out in creating the Registered Programme ID .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please Refer The Following Threads And Let Me Know If Any Clue u Found

Regards

Khanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

when u doing this rfc connection make sure that u giving the correct registerd program name in the sm59 i.e what mean to say is example we have something

AI_RUNTIME_<sid> ie the sid shoud ur system id it may be PRD or DEV or QAS.

no it will work.

Reward points if useful,

Regards,

Srinivas.D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

The program id is correct, also includes the SID and is unique.

Any idea ?

Please advice,

Dimitry Haritonov

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Then check it in visual administrator go the JCo connections there again check the program names u created and it should be exactly match the names that u given in the sm59.

Regards,

Srinivas.D

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u check the entries for Remote LU Name in smgw for the Application server Gateway

Also are u using sapgw00 for service gateway?

check if ur system instance is also 00 otherwise change it to sapgwXX where XX is ur application system instance no

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srinivas,

As said in this blog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

"No configuration in the J2EE administrator nessecary"

Why do you think I need to configure JCo connections ?

Please advice,

Dimitry Haritonov

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You do not need any J2ee settings.

1. Make sure that this Program Id is used in one and only one Sender RFC adapter

2. Make sure that the status of the sender RFC adapter is green in Comm Channel Monitoring. If needed, select option , advaced and deselect option --> Verify sender System.

3. In the TCP IP connection the gateway host and service shiould be that of your R3 system itself.

4. make suire that the sender RFC adapter has the correct R3 system details.

5. Make some dummy change and reactivate the RFC adapter

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh,

Thanks for your reply.

1. I made sure and it wasn't used anywhere else (does it matter if we have the same program ID on another XI server? the gateway in that other comm. channel is directed to the XI server instead of the ECC server).

2. It is red with the error:

RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION connect to SAP gateway failed

<connection parameters>

LOCATION CPIP (TCP\IP) on local host with Unicode ERROR service "?" unknown

Any ideas?

3. In the problematic system it is.

4. We tried that several times.

Please advice.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> 1. I made sure and it wasn't used anywhere else (does

> it matter if we have the same program ID on another

> XI server? the gateway in that other comm. channel is

> directed to the XI server instead of the ECC

> server).

Can you explain this further . Not sure I understood this.

>

> 2. It is red with the error:

> RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION connect to SAP gateway

> failed

> <connection parameters>

> LOCATION CPIP (TCP\IP) on local host with Unicode

> ERROR service "?" unknown

This is the main issue. The TCP Gateway Host and service in the Sender RFC adapter will be that of your R3 system. Also make sure that the detdails in the sender RFC adapter are correct,

Also try to deslect the option verify sender System , like I have mentioned above.

And, in my sender RFC adapter, have not selected the option Unicode and SNC

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh,

1. There is another XI system (dev system) in which we checked the application using this connection. The program ID in that XI system's communication channel is the same as in the XI we're trying to reach. However, the rfc server parameters in that dev XI system are wrong - they point to the XI server and not the ECC system.

Another thing is that since then we have tried using different program ids and encountered the same problem (we noticed that the problem only occurs between that specific ECC system and that specific XI system - we tried using different combinations and everything else worked).

I cannot seem to find the "advanced" option you're speaking of.

Please advice.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1. There is another XI system (dev system) in which

> we checked the application using this connection. The

> program ID in that XI system's communication channel

> is the same as in the XI we're trying to reach.

> However, the rfc server parameters in that dev XI

> system are wrong - they point to the XI server and

> not the ECC system.

This should not be an issue. Reason is that the Gateway Host and gateway Service in the Sender RFC adapter 's will also be different.

>

> I cannot seem to find the "advanced" option you're

> speaking of.

>

In the sender RFC adapter, you will find an Option ADVANCED MODE. Select this . The moment you select it you will find another option VERIFY SENDER SYSTEM. Make sure that this is deselected and if yes, then let Advanced Mode be selected and activate the comm channel.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you referring to the communication channel in the XI? In there, there are 2 'advanced mode' checkboxes (under "rfc server parameter" and "rfc metadata repository parameter"), and both of them only open a table in which I can enter my own parameters and values. I don't see anything like "verify sender system".

(It's like that on both XI systems)

Please advice.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shlomy,

the "Verify Sender System" option will appear in Sender RFC Adapter once you select <i>Advanced Mode</i> checkboxin the <i>RFC Server</i> parameters part.

And regarding the RFC Destination you created in R/3's SM59, make sure it contains R/3 information (that's right, R/3, not XI), hostname and gateway (gateway = sapgwXX, where

XX is system number).

Also, in Sender RFC Adapter, you'll enter informtion for R/3 twice, first the same info exactly like in RFC Destination (in the <i>RFC Server</i> part) and below, you'll enter logon information, like in Receiver RFC Adapter (in the <i>RFC Metadata Repository</i> part).

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Henrique,

I did exactly like you said: Go to the communication channel of the type RFC Sender, selected "advanced mode" under "rfc server parameter" and the only thing that appeared on the screen additionally is a table with fields "parameter" and "value". No other options.

Our XI version is 3 sp17.

All the other data is correct as we have checked several times (from different XI and ECC systems, of which only one combination does not work).

Please advice.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the program id shud be registered in the rfc gateway. maybe the progam id is changed or deleted. u can check with ur admin guy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prabhu,

This is our problem - the program id is NOT registered. We get an error that says "program id is not registered on the XI server".

We tried with several different program IDs and all of them failed.

Please advice.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of checking the error on R/3, go the other way around.

Go to Communication Channel Monitoring on XI and check what is the error your adapter has.

Regards,

Henrique.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check with saprfc.ini

u can find the following:

DEST=<SYSTEM id>_R

TYPE=R

PROGID=( Your Program ID name ).trfcexec

GWHOST=< Host IP >

GWSERV=< Gate Way Server >

RFC_TRACE=( Always 0 , for better Performance ) If you want Trace Put 1 (not sure what 1 is for)

add as per above and save it. run RFCEXEC from the command prompt of BIN directory. this will set up in gateway and u can use the same in sm59

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/67/6d0540ba5ee569e10000000a155106/content.htm

Select the Advanced Mode under the RFC Server Paramteres . This will contain the option verify sender system

Regards

Bhavesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you folow my blog?

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

if you did restart XI

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi michal,

I followed your blog. We created a new communication channel and then

created a new RFC connection with type T with the same program id. we didn't restarted the XI ...

The "test connection failed" with the same error:

program ... not registered

The program id doesn't exist in SMGW-> Logged on clients. Can you explain me

what action does add the program id to the ABAP gateway ?

Please advice,

Dimitry Haritonov

Message was edited by:

Shlomy Shalom

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you only need to do exactly as per my blog nothing more

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi michal,

The actions described in your blog didn't solve our problem.

Do you have any idea why ?

Dimitry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Program Id is to be created in R/3 side ...

you wont be able to see the result until you activate your communcation channel ..

by result I mean when you rum smgw in R/3 ...you should be able to see a connection to XI.

Regards,

Deepak

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shalom,

Can you check once whether the program id is given exactly as given in the SM59 (check the case senstitive also w.r.t to the CC sender RFC adapter....

and also refresh once the cache ... may work..

Regards,

sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi michal,

The communication channel was activated. However, the program didn't appear in SMGW and the test connection from the ECC side failed.

Any idea ?

Please advice,

Dimitry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi michal,

I found a note 353597 that explains how to manually register the program.

But it is not clear how to restart the program :

"...Restart the relevant server program with the corresponding parameters ..."

after the registration.

Maybe you have an idea ?

Dimitry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi michal,

I doesn't work yet.

Is there any need of somekind of restart ? or any other action ?

Pelase advice,

Dimitry

gabor_hornyak
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I followed Michal's blog and I also had problems with program id registration. I tried these 3 combinations and one works but I don't like it very much:

1. ECC destination with PI gateway + Default(Recommended) setting in Idoc channel

(based on Michal's blog). Here inboundRA is registering the program id on PI gw.

Didnt work, I had "Transaction program not registered"  (which is different error from program id not registered)

2. ECC dest. with ECC gateway + Default(Recommended) setting in Idoc channel

Didnt work, I got "Program id not registered" which is clear as it is registered on PI gw.

3. ECC dest. with ECC gateway + Manual setting in Idoc channel

It is working because the channel's rfc parameters are also pointing to ECC, registering program id on ECC gw.

I would prefer the first solution using PI gw. Do you have any idea what is missing?

thanks