cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Program XXXX not registered

Former Member
0 Kudos

We performed an upgrade from R/3 4.6C to ECC 6.0 SR2. We have a credit Card system called DELEGO. After the upgrade, I am not able to establish the RFC to this third party system.I am getting the following error message when I test the same in SM59.

Logon Connection Error

Error Details Error when opening an RFC connection

Error Details ERROR: program DELEGO not registered

Error Details LOCATION: SAP-Gateway on host XXXXXX / sapgw00

Error Details DETAIL: TP DELEGO not registered

Error Details COMPONENT: SAP-Gateway

Error Details COUNTER: 3656

Error Details MODULE: gwr3cpic.c

Error Details LINE: 1694

Error Details RETURN CODE: 679

Error Details SUBRC: 0

Error Details RELEASE: 700

Error Details TIME: Mon Jul 09 14:44:07 2007

Error Details VERSION: 2

I would really appreciate if someone could help me fix this problem while I already work on it.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your contributions. The problem got resolved. Ultimately, the problem was resolved by contacting DELEGO. They seemed to have passed on a wrong key when renewing the license which had triggered only one service on the DELEGO host and failed to trigger the other one (DelegoSrv & DelegoSecure). The problem got fixed when they replaced the correct key.

Once again thank you all.

Former Member

Hi SAP007,

I think you have forgot to give the points here.

This was the same thing mentioned in my reply to you ie. the process corresponding to the RFC is not running; which got finally resolved when you managed to start the process.

prev. reply.

"RFC error " Program not registered" can occur if the program/process for the corresponding program id mentioned in the RFC connection is not running at the target server."

Regards,

Sandeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I have tried all the suggestions. No luck yet.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey SAP007,

For sure its Gateway service problem.

Kindly restart SAP Instance and create RFC connection with either IP or hostname of third party system along with specified program needs to be executed.

I hope the Third party system still have the same configuration information of SAP available on that before migration. You have done changes to SAP landscape not with Third party system. The Third party system will still look for the same information about SAP system which you have maintained in Third party system.

Kindly Restart SAP instance once and recreate RFC which needs to talk to that system. Gateway service though its running may not be function as nomal. The restart of Instanace always brings it back to normal.

Ofcourse after recreating that RFC kindly test the connection once before you start using RFC.

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is one additional point. May be you have have mutiple instances on your server (production).From what I have read about DELEGO it supports mutiple instances framework of SAP however I dont know if that is active in your case. If this is not active then make sure that you are doing test connection from only that instance whose credentials are maintained in DELEGO. For example if DELEGO has only credentials of Central Instance then RFC connection will be performed only from Central instance and not other dialog instances.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you able to ping SAP System from credit Card system DELEGO. If no then restart the credit card system and also double check correct SAP system details is there in DELEGO system.

Regards

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if the corresponding program is running in the target server.

RFC error " Program not registered" can occur if the program/process for the corresponding program id mentioned in the RFC connection is not running at the target server.

"Points for solution".

Regards,

Sandy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

True. We had the data migration from 32 bit to 64 bit (Intel to AMD) architecture. Ofcourse, the system names and System IDs changed. But, is there any specific spot I need to target to fix the error with the Registered Program error message? Because, I am sure the host file is maintained properly.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP007,

In this case you need to change the configuration in the DELEGO system. In the DELEGO system yo would have to specify the SAP system credentials like hostname,SID,´gateway service,user etc. Contact the DELEGO team in your project. Also make sure that they have opened firewalls for the new hostname/IP address of your SAP syste. Issue is from DELEGO side most probably.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP007,

Has any HW migration involving change of host name etc. happened?

If so just check if the credentials maintained from DELEGO side are correct.

Regards.

Ruchit.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI SAP007,

Seems like the problem is the SAP gateway... have you added the right gateway to the RFC Destination in SM59??? If yes... try with the IP address instead of the hostname...

Also make sure that the host and service files are properly mainteined.

Regards

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful