cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding File adaptor?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @ ,

In my scenarion I am using file adaptor where i need to read the file ,i have one doubt IF while the application is writing the file my adaptor reads the file which is still not written completely by the application as a result XI gets incomplete data how to ensure that this particular coincidence doesn't take place and file adaptor reads only complete data file and not incomplete

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you just need to set:

Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check

then it will work as you need

reference:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

is that what you need?

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micahel and bhavesh,

Thanks for yr reply ,I knew that some option like this is available as some expert like u told me but i was not able to figure out Now its clear

Thanks

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no problem

Regards,

michal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the sender file adapter, there is a option milliseconds before modification check .

Select this option and give some value here. The file adapter will check if the file has been modified and if yes, then will wait till the entire file is written before procesing it.

Regards

Bhavesh