cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send exception in SXMB_MONI from proxy ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @,

I am working on a scenarion file to proxy where i need to throw exception in xi monitor which can be viewed thru sxmb_moni ,how to do this thru abap cod ein proxy I dont know .

Please suggest any possible solution to do tht .

thx in advance

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using a bapi you can always use the standard fault message which is in return structure....or

You can create a fault message types along with data types and fill them on ABAP side and return back to XI..

Those are my views

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

How to send back the response to XI that I dont know Also I need to do some data validation and in case of failure need to send back the response to XI

REgards

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

They won't be returned to the sender, since it is an async scenario.

But it will appear as an application error in the SXMB_MONI log.

Make sure you define a fault message type and insert it in the inbound interface you use to create inbound proxy.

Then in proxy generation, an exception will be automatically created.

You have to create the code to explicitely thrown this exception by some defined criteria (for example, if the input data fails some validation).

When the exception is thrown, the fault message is sent back to XI and the application error is logged in moni.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique,

Can I trigger my own message type also for the same instead of fault message type ?

REgards

Former Member
0 Kudos

The followings links might help you

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5d/a45c3cff8ca92be10000000a114084/frameset.htm

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/02/fault-message-types--a-demo-part-1

/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/01/16/xi-propagation-of-meaningful-error-information-to-soap-client

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See, the fault message type will come back in the same message pipeline, and the message will have error status.

Of course, you can execute one FM from your inbound proxy that will trigger an XI outbound interface (IDoc, RFC, client proxy, whatever), but then your previous message will have successfull status in the monitor.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You wish to return the error from R/3?

It maybe better to do it via a bapi (which can return error codes).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry ,

Yes i need to send error from R/3 ?

Could u please elaborate how to do it thru BAPI as my scenarion is ASYNC ,and I guess u are talk abt custom BAPI for the prupose .

Please explain some more details abt it

Regards