cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MDM experts,

How can I import pictures into the catalog? The pictures have jpeg format, but everyone has other size. Can I copy these files somewhere, and upload the relevant informations by Import Manager? Which picture relevant attribute fields must be filled?

Thanks and regards,

Ádá

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adam,

You load the images directly through the Data Manager.

1. Open the Data Manager

2. Go to (select) the Images table

3. Right click in the Records window and select Add

4. Select the Data Group to load the images to and then browse to select the images you want to load

The fields in the Images table for the images will be automatically populated with the image information.

You can also select whether to load (store) the images to the repository or just hold the link to where the images are on the server (outside of MDM).

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

thanks for your answer. I know this solution, but I would like to upload many items with pictures. So I hope there is some other possibilities to upload many pictures with one process.

thanks and regards,

Ádá

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adam,

What exactly are you trying to do? Import the image definitions, or just import the linkage of the images to specific parts?

You can load many images all at once using the method above. You cannot add the images with the data through the Import Manager, but you can import the linkage in if the images already exist in the database.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

thanks for your answers! I would like to import just the linkage.

Best regards,

adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adam,

Not sure if you had this resolved or not. To import the linkages just add a field to your import with the image name listed. When you map this column to the image field set up in the repository you will be able to map the image names from the file to the image names in the repository. Let me know if you need further info.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done exactly the same, as you wrote, and succeed.

My problem was that I have would like to upload many images with the same file. Firs I added the pictures to the Data Groups, and than I uploaded the import Excel file with Product ID and Image columns, where Image column contained the name and extension of the picture.

So it works.

thanks,

adam

Answers (0)