Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVA Settings

former_member219195
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am configuring the settings for EVA. I'm getting BCWP as zero.

While maintaining value catagories, radio button 'Costs' is to be selected & as per SAP help, it is to be used for cost elements of catagory 1.

While creating cost element for EVA, catagory 61 (earned value) is to be used and then this is to be maintained for cost element group (Maintain assignment of cost element group)

But for assigning cost elements to value catagories, cost element of type 61 is to be selected which is contradictory to the first statement that the CE of catagory 1 is to be used. But this CE catagory is only available for primary cost element.

I think, I am stuck up here because of which getting the BCWP as zero.

Pls help me in this regard, do i need to create pirmary cost elemnt (create G/L acc first) but then where i will use CE catagory 61? How these cost elemnt and value catagories are maintained.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member219195
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I just want to discuss about setting for EVA here.

I am configuring Project Progress Analysis in which I have done following configuration:

1. Create Progress Version 101 with exclusive use 'Progress Analysis'. I have selected Plan & Actual check boxes.

2. Settings for Progress Version-

a) Plan version - '0'

b) EV basis - Cost plan (active project, annual values)

c) POC weighting - Cost plan (active project, annual values)

d) Planning type - Basic dates

e) Early / Late - earliest possible

f) Both reference boxes selected

3. SKFs- I created three SKFs 10 (Non-Aggregated POC), 20 (Aggregated POC) and 30 (POC for RA) with unit of measure '%' and selected the Key value category 'Total values'.

4. I need to assign these SKFs to different value categories. I created three value category 10, 20 & 30 with selection 'SKF with total values' and unit of measure '%'. Then I assigned SKF 10 to VC 10, SKF 20 to VC 20, SKF 30 to VC 30

5. I assigned measurement method as default value:

a) WBS (Plan) - Cost Proportional

b) WBS (Actual) - Cost Proportional

c) Internal Activity (Plan) - Cost Proportional

d) Internal Activity (Actual) - Degree of Processing

c) Exernal activity(Plan) - Cost Proportional

d) Exernal Activity (Actual) - Degree of Processing

6. I made progress cost element '6511100' (Secondary cost element) with Cost element category as 61.

7.I maintain a value catagory 6511100 with Cost radio button selected.

And assigned the progress cost element to the value catagory. i.e Cost element 6511100 to value catagory 6511100.

8. I maintain the assignment of cost element group. ie. I assigned progress cost elemnt to cost element group with default radio button selected. In the cost element group, I have selected certain cost elements which we regularly used (cost elements for project materials, project manhours, project contracts, spares etc)

I would request all of you to let me know that I'm on right track till now. Does the steps above are correct. I am getting BCWS and BCWP as zero rightnow and i feel that I am doing some mistakes on assignments of cost elements and value catagories.

Regards,