cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information about input parameters before calling the RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there a possibility in SAP4Rails to know about the type of an import parameter in advance, i.e. if it is a table, a structure or just a plain value? After calling

@rfc = THERFC.newfunction_call

I can only figure out, which are import, export and table parameters. After calling

@rfc.invoke

, for the export parameters it is clear, which one is a table or a struct, as tables are represented by arrays and structs by hash tables. But is there something similar for the import parameters?

Thanks,

Bernd

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the @rfc.PARAMETER_NAME.type attribute give you enough of a hint?

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well I get some numbers, and I guess, 17 is for a structure, 5 for a table and 0 for a plain value. Is there any documentation, where I can find more info, which numbers stands for what?

Otherwise I would appreciate, if there was e.g. a wiki for SAP4Rails, where people can put things like that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep - the NW SAP RFC SDK header files have them. If you have the time you could send me a patch for the documentation (the sapnwrfc documentation which is generated from the Ruby source code in the standard way).

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great, thanks, I found it. But I did not understand right, what you are demanding me to send you.