Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting JCo Destination RFC Service Error

AntonioSanz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have found the next problem in the configuration of JCo Destinations in J2EE Server in my SAP XI Development and Productions Enviroments:

I have a SAP R/3 development, test an production enviroment and I use SAP XI development enviroment to send/receid data form SAP R/3 development an test enviroment (in particular I use Client ABAP Proxies).

To use my ABAP Proxies I had to create my JCo Destinations in J2EE SAP XI Development for my SAP R/3 development and test. I have created the destinations for LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI in order to provide access to SLD to my SAP R/3 development and test enviroment. There are also the JCo Destinations used by SAP XI Development.

I'm able to create JCo destinations for SAP R/3 development but when I create the JCo destination for SAP R/3 test the SAP XI system get blocked. I try to stop and start the J2EE engine and it doesn't start. So I have to delete my entries to permit the system to start.

But If it create JCo Destinations for SAP R/3 development, then stop the destinations, and the I create the JCo Destinations for SAP R/3 test it works. If there are only 2 JCo Destinatios (SAP R/3 dev or SAP R/3 test) it works fine but with the 4 started the system crash and I can´t started again until I delete 2 entrys (test entries)

Is there any limtation on the JCo Destinations?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is your R/3 backend version?

There is a plugin for 4.7 and before you might need to add.

AntonioSanz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have 6.0 version

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure at all, but while creating the Connection on the J2ee engine of XI , do we configure the number of connection possible? Have a look at the Post Installtion guide of XI and see if the COnnection made in J2ee engine has a number of connections option and then cross check this with your entry in the j2ee engine

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have eight entries in JCo entries and these run fine (from ECC6.0 and PI7.0)

Not sure if this link may be relevant:

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/581485

Note 581485 - Reduce number of JCo connections

This is more EP than XI, so may not be!