Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item categories for Free of charge items

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gururs,

In the standard SAP the Item categories AFNN,AGNN and TANN are defined. Can the free goods be determined in Inquiry and Quotation(in any sales document with document category other than C-i.e.Order). If not possible, then what is the purpose of defining AFNN and AGNN.

Thanks in advance

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

I can confirm that a free goods determination cannot be enabled for any sales document category other than C. In some of the OSS notes, it is clearly stated that free goods is meant only for sales document category C.

However the purpose of AGNN, and AFNN are not known. When i checked the configuration, these 2 ICs have configuration which are different from TANN in some of the aspects, especially the pricing field, that itself says that AGNN and AFNN are not meant for Free goods.

However, I will confirm on the purpose of these ICs in sometime, as I am exploring that.

YOU CAN READ THE OSS NOTE 549505 ON FREE GOODS, WHICH CONFIRMS THIS. IF YOU WANT THE NOTES, LEMME KNOW UR EMAIL ID.

Reward if this helps.

Content added by Navaneetha

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navneet,

Your answer has given me clarity to some extent. Please post the answer to reason for defining AFNN and AGNN, as sson as you find. Please send me the OSS note to my mail ID sap.ravisankar@yahoo.co.in

Ravi Sankar

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ur email seems to be incorrect. Validate it once.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navneet,

My alternate mail ID is kravisankar@hotmail.com.

Thanks,

Ravi Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Navaneeath can u send the link to me

My email id is vemuriks@gmail.com

Thanks and regarads

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

When the standard SAP doesn't have that functionality, then why AFNN and AGNN are defined in the standard. Definitely there should be a reason for defining them. I want the reason/purpose of defining AFNN and AGNN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Free goods determination uses typical SD condition technique.

You assign your free goods procedure to the combination of Sales area/Doc Pricing procd /customer pricing procd key (tcode V/N6). Absolutely, you can use free goods in inquiry, quotation, order, contract, project.... as long as you activate it for the above combination. So you assign xxNN at VOV4.

You can define your own Free Goods determination procedure by configuring associated tables, access sequence, condition type, procedure and determination.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we cannot define free goods for inquiry, quotation .. we can define free of charge items for only for document category 'C'

Pls reward points if the answer is helpful

Regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Certainly you can detrmine free goods in inquier and quotation.You just need to maintain Item category determination,

Reward points if useful

Regards,

Amrish Purohit