cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance using Generic Sync

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

i am facing a problem. Syncronization using MI installed on my laptop takes 3667 ms, but starting a sync from my pda takes 95425 seconds.

it is only the time sm.synchronizeWithBackend(); needs until the inboundprocesshandler starts working.

i am using windows mobile 5 and 6 and the connection is made using a usb cable and active sync

what can i do. the sync transfers only very little data, just some strings to get information about a workarea.

Philipp

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AjithC
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp,

Sync from PDA will definitely take more time (3 to 4 times depends on data) than one a laptop. You can't compare both as the processing power & memory of a PDA is too inferior compared to laptop.

For your problem, Check that this is not an isolated incident. Do test multiple times (min 3) and try to get a common time. Also do a statistical record check (Tcode: STAD) in the Middleware server for both laptop and client syncs and see the timings are the same.

Enable trace level to ALL in the PDA and check the trace for any errors. Also that will give you the time for downloading the data and persisting the data.

Regards

Ajith Chandran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

You wrote:"Enable trace level to ALL in the PDA and check the trace for any errors. Also that will give you the time for downloading the data and persisting the data."

Where exactly can i see how long sync and perstistence took?

Best regards Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ajith

i just ran the transaction stad.

the response time is pretty low, around 140 ms, so where is all the time lost. is it only the transaction between client, middelware and backwards?

AjithC
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

If STAD shows only 140ms, that means its the time from the middleware to backend. So from this the time is lost in communication from client to middleware and for persisting the data.

As I mentioned above, if you set the trace level to ALL, you can see tiemstamp and process explanation line 10:20:00 sync started.. etc. I don't remember the exact wordings, but I feel you can easily guess from the text. Or else upload the trace I can help you..

From this you can calculate the time for communication and persistance.

Regards

Ajith

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

btw

this is the time the MDK_genericsync_simpleJSP example took to run sm.synchronizeWithBackend();: 3354

and from the pda: 123766 ms

not really something to work with.