cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Service with Party and Service without party scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am configuring an external system to customer SAP system scenario.

I have configured the external file system as Service with Party and the receiving SAP system as Service without party.

All the configuration including the "Virtual receiver" set up has been done properly but i am still getting the error "No receiver could be determined".

Can somebody help me on this ?

Thanks in advance.

RGds,

Vasanth.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vasanthakumar,

in my previous experiences with internal/external parties communication, I've found out that the best practice is to create an integration scenario and then create the configuration scenario from scenario wizard. It is much simpler and easier.

Briefly, you'll have to create a dummy party/service in order to "wrap" your internal system, since the external party should not receive information regarding internal systems (Business system name, for example).

Regards,

Henrique.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Best bet is to check the log in SXMB_MONI.

In the traces you should see what the system-determined receivers, senders, interface and namespaces are... these values should match what you have configured.

They most likely do not match as such you'll get the error - 'no receiver could be determined'.

Sincerely,

--NM

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why have you configured the sender system as a Service With party?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As my Customer is receiving an XML file from the external partner i have classified the sender as Service with Party and since the XML file has to be processed and converted to IDOC in our customer system I made it as Service without party.

Is that not the correct approach ?Else what should i do ?

Thanks in advance.

RGds,

Vasanth.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You do not need a Service with Party .

Just use a Business SYstem, / Service with without party.

In the case of the R3 side, if the Idoc is to be posted as a NON LS then you need a party. If the partner is LS then no need for a party

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks so much for your immediate response.

Our receiver side system is SAP and we are posting the IDOC as LS and so I have configured the receiver service as = Business System - Service with without party(as you said)

But I have configured the sender(external system from which we receive the file)as Service with Party.Is that Ok ?

In this above stand I am getting the above said error.

Thanks in advance.

RGds,

Vasanth.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are posting Idoc's as LS, you do not need a party at all. FOr both the sender and receiver service.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is that holds true for both A2A and B2B scenarios including my case B2B scenario(from external third party system to our customer landscape ?

Thanks in advance.

RGds,

Vasanth.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as XI is concerned, technically you are still using the file adapter to pick up a file . And so, you do not need a party here.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion.

Should be my last question to you.

I am receiving that file via SOAP adpater,I still presume no need of Party(as understood from your previous reply).Is that correct ?

Thank you,

RGds,

Vasanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion.

Should be my last question to you.

I am receiving that file via SOAP adpater,I still presume no need of Party(as understood from your previous reply).Is that correct ?

Thank you,

RGds,

Vasanth.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does this mean you are exposing an Outboudn message interface as a webserivce? Are you using the sender SOAP adapter?

If yes, no need for a Party in this case as well

Regards

Bhavesh