cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map contextnode from interface controller to a node of a main controller

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 1 main component en 3 seperate components. The main controller has an attribute under the context node which is a list. In the 3 interface controllers i created a same attribute and and these need to point to the attribute in the maincontroller. When i try to map the attribute of the interface controller to the attribute in the main controller, it says: "Context root attributes of interface or configuration controllers cannot be mapped in this version"

What does this mean? How can i map attributes from sub components to a central place (main component)?

much thanks & regards,

Hugo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont know why you are making a reference to the sub-components from the main component. But, I think the WD framework will complain if you make a reference in circular manner.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is because I only need 1 ResourceLocator component. So I let the main component create it once and set the reference to it, for all the sub components...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Add the main component in the used component section(sub-component). Also, in the properties of the interface controller(in the sub-component), add the main controller as the required controller. Now, you will be able to context map the attributes.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, I have 1 problem if I recall correctly. I also have 1 component ( resource locator) which is used by all the components. I create this component manually and after that set the reference of this component to all other components doing like this:

wdThis.wdACompInstInterface().referenceWebserviceLocatorComponent(wdThis.wdGetWebserviceLocatorCompInstComponentUsage());

wdThis.wdBCompInstInterface().referenceWebserviceLocatorComponent(wdThis.wdGetWebserviceLocatorCompInstComponentUsage());

wdThis.wdCCompInstInterface().referenceWebserviceLocatorComponent(wdThis.wdGetWebserviceLocatorCompInstComponentUsage());

This creates references from the main component to the sub-components. Your sollution implies that the sub-components are gonna make a reference to the main component. If I recall correctly, WD is gonna moan about circular invocation/creation of components or such....