Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization on Profit Centers in FI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have a question concerning the use of profit centers in authorizations. I has been mentioned before in serveral topics, but I wasn't able to find a satisfying answer.

The situation is as follows:

in our company we have several profit centers, and we want to use these with regard to authorizations in FI, for instance for transactions FB01 and FB50. So far I tried to use the object K_PCA an a custom made object (wich uses data element PRCTR combined with a field for "action"). I've activated these objects for FB01 using SU24, however all to no avail. When I perform a system trace it becomes clear that no check is performed on these objects.

I would like to know:

- am I doing something wrong in assigning the objects to the T-code (after assigning they were included in table USOBT_C) ?

- is there anyone who knows for certain how to authorize on PC's in FI, and if so:

ENLIGHTEN ME PLEASE !!!

Regards,

Jesse

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

A check will only be performed if it is the code. Assigning an auth object to a tx via SU24 will not invoke a check unless there is a corresponding AUTHORITY-CHECK statement.

You may be able to find user exits in FB01/FB50 etc in which you can enter additional code to perform a check, but there is no guarantee that there will be suitable.

The SAP security model isn't too hot around profit & cost centre data, I suspect because the money has been spent at this point and is part of management accounting rather than financial.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

A check will only be performed if it is the code. Assigning an auth object to a tx via SU24 will not invoke a check unless there is a corresponding AUTHORITY-CHECK statement.

You may be able to find user exits in FB01/FB50 etc in which you can enter additional code to perform a check, but there is no guarantee that there will be suitable.

The SAP security model isn't too hot around profit & cost centre data, I suspect because the money has been spent at this point and is part of management accounting rather than financial.