Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMG settings for intercompany sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings.

I need to make the IMG settings for the following processes:

<b><u>Process No.1</u></b>.

End Customer C order goods to company B that has no stock.

B will subsequently order(with a purchase order to C) the goods from C(that will be registered as sales order to B).

B and C are part of the same group of companies(organisation) but have different plants(A and B)

Based on the purchase/sales order, C deliveres goods to B, within the organisation and NOT to the end customer C.

C billes B with an intercompany billing document based on the delivery and using a fixed price prior agreed - there is a sales area defined for intercompany sales with prices maintained for this purpose: Intercom_Sales_Area_B.

B deliveres to end customer C

B billes C with normal invoice based on the delivery.

Now, for the above I know that I must maintain a dummy vendor of some sort(XK01, 0007 account group) and also a internal customer and also connect them somehow but here is where the confusion starts. In several posts I found the following instructions:

"- now Plant - R ( Receiving ) become the customer of Plant-D, So create a dummy customer in Plant-D's company code and sales area,

- assign this customer number to Plant -R's details & its selling sales area.

- Maintain the intercompany billing type(IV) in ur sales doc type (OR),

-assign the Plant-D to selling sales org+ dbt channel,"

or

"- now Plant - R ( Receiving ) become the customer of Plant-D, So create a dummy customer in Plant-D's company code and sales area,

- assign this customer number to Plant -R's details & its selling sales area."

or

"Create a vendor z198 for the company code of receiving plant (I.e. 1983), using account group :0007 via T-Code [XK01].

"2.[Assign this vendor to Delivering plant

Go to [XK02] >Purchasing view>Extras>Add. Purchasing data>Plant"

but due to my lack of knowledges and/or maybe differences in version (mine is 5.0)used I could not comprehend what exactly must be configured.

Could someone try try to hlp me WITHOUT making copy/paste to the previous replys from Mr. AMRISH PUROHIT, RAJARSHI BHATTACHERJEE, VijayaSateeshKumar Kandula, etc.? That would be useless...

<b><u>Process No.2</u></b>.

There are intercompany sales transactions of services between A and B, no stock movements involved.

How can that be accomplished/configured?

Thank you in advance.

Catalin<u></u>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello I'm facing a situation just like this. I have more than seven sales organizations and table V_T001W_IV is just letting me assign one sales organization by plant; there could be a bunch of possible combinations in my scenario and do not see the way to expand the entries in this table.

Any help would be appreciated!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amrish,

Could u send the doc to chandu710@gmail.com.

Points will be rewarded.

chan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi chan,

email has been sent to your email id

please reward points if the answer is helpful

Regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Catalin,

I don't think version difference will make any difference for configuring this scenario.

As I have understood from your post is that

Why the dummy customer needs to be created ?

This customer needs to be created for sales organisation in order to create intercompany billing.This internal customer will be the one which will be represting the sales organisation and to whom the intercompany invoice needs to be sent.

For that matter in standard intercompnay process,goods are directly delivered to the end customer and not recived by ordering company.

If you have already refered my post for intercompany process then that can be configured in any system.

Regards,

Amrish Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings.

Thank you for your swift reply!

First of all I must make a correction, I wanted to describe the process as follows:

End Customer C order goods to company B but B company has no stock.

B will subsequently order(with a purchase order to <b>A</b>) the goods from <b>A</b>(that will be registered as sales order to B).

A and B are part of the same group of companies(organization) but have different plants(A and B)

I apologise for the error and for confusion made.

> Hi Catalin,

>

> I don't think version difference will make any

> difference for configuring this scenario.

> As I have understood from your post is that

> Why the dummy customer needs to be created ?

>

> This customer needs to be created for sales

> organisation in order to create intercompany

> billing.This internal customer will be the one which

> will be represting the sales organisation and to whom

> the intercompany invoice needs to be sent.

Agree with that, in my case I need to create a dummy customer for ordering company(B) but also, If I understood correctly the explinations, a dummy vendor for the supplying part(A)

>

> For that matter in standard intercompnay

> process,goods are directly delivered to the end

> customer and not recived by ordering company.

That is NOT my case, mine flows as described, end customer C receives from the same company that initially registered its request.

>

> If you have already refered my post for intercompany

> process then that can be configured in any system.

I TRIED to refer to your post but I was not able to understand and find what and where is to be set...and is not just the creation and assignment of the "dummy"s...

BTW, I suppose that I have to maintain some copy-control between documents but without instructions I don't know WHAT and WHERE I am suppose to do anything...

What about <b><u>Process 2</u></b>, with service sales between A and B ?

>

> Regards,

> Amrish Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Catalin,

No need to create the dummy vendor

You just needs to do

<b>Assign Organizational Units By Plant</b>In this menu option, you allocate a sales organization, distribution channel and division to the plants for which intercompany sales processing is possible. The delivering plant uses these specifications to process intercompany billing.

Using the specifications which you make here, the delivering plant creates the intercompany invoice together with the internal customer number of the sales organization which placed the order.

The internal customer number is specified in the Customizing configuration menu for sales and distribution in the menu option Sales organization.

For that matter to carry out the intercompany process there is not much of SPRO settings involved

you can check in SPRO-Sales & Distribution-Billing-Intercompany Billing.

For the service scenario I have never tried that !

Regards,

Amrish Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>> Hi Catalin,

>

> No need to create the dummy vendor

> You just needs to do

> <b>Assign Organizational Units By Plant</b>In this

> menu option, you allocate a sales organization,

> distribution channel and division to the plants for

> which intercompany sales processing is possible. The

> delivering plant uses these specifications to process

> intercompany billing.</i>

I used the following path: IMG->S&D->Billing->Intercompany Billing->Assign Organizational Units By Plant->Assign Organizational Units to The Plants and I assigned plant B(that buys internally) to the corresponding internal sales area of the plant A(that supplies internally).

Here I have a problem: the bigger picture is that my organization has 7 members(let's say from A to H, C is not included...), each being in the situation to sell something to other companies belonging to the group. Now, the above mentioned table is obviously a view, generated from the data inputed elsewere. The question is where because I need to have all the combination:

Plant .......... Sales Area(SOrg, DstCh, DIv)

A ....... ........ SA for intercomp sales corresponding to plant B

A ........ ....... SA for intercomp sales corresponding to plant C

A ............... SA for intercomp sales corresponding to plant H

B ............... SA for intercomp sales corresponding to plant A

B ............... SA for intercomp sales corresponding to plant C

B .............. SA for intercomp sales corresponding to plant H

etc, I am sure that you know what I mean.

Being a view there is no functionality to add new lines...

<i>>

> Using the specifications which you make here, the

> delivering plant creates the intercompany invoice

> together with the internal customer number of the

> sales organization which placed the order.

>

> The internal customer number is specified in the

> Customizing configuration menu for sales and

> distribution in the menu option Sales organization.</i>

That would be the next entry, right? Path IMG->S&D->Billing->Intercompany Billing->Define Internal Customer Number By Sales Organization

Again I am facing a view and I need to maintain the whole bunch of combinations of 7 (internal customer number) taken by 2.

Any ideas where I can maintain that?

<i>>

> For that matter to carry out the intercompany process

> there is not much of SPRO settings involved :)</i>

I noticed that in other replies there are details about copy control, documents being generated (sales/purchase orders, deliveries, all intercompany based), etc.

I imagine that the full scale document flow is like that:

End Customer C order goods to company B that has no stock.

B will subsequently order (- purchase order issued from B to A - that is why I believed that I need a dummy Vendor, too) the goods from A( sales order registered at A from B).

Intercomp Delivery from A to B

Intercomp Invoice from A to B

Delivery from B to C(end customer) (again, the one who initially receives the sales order has to deliver the goods to the end customer and NOT the intercompany vendor)

Invoice from B to C

Please correct me if I am wrong, I may expect to see/work with too many documents

To make the total: 2 sales orders, 1 purchase order, 2 deliveries and 2 invoices so is the above enough to accomplish all those documents or not?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Best regards,

Catalin

>

> you can check in SPRO-Sales &

> Distribution-Billing-Intercompany Billing.

>

> For the service scenario I have never tried that !

>

> Regards,

> Amrish Purohit