cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM in sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

my client want the QM in sales only for selected materials.

But they do delivery and immediately the PGI.

but if we are using QM in sales, after delivery one inspection lot will be generated and and after clearance of that lot only they can do the PGI.

but in such case they could not wait till lot clearance.

Either they want to know such materials with QM in sales in advance so that they will do the delivery in advance and will get time for lot clearance.

how generally this scenario is run in real life, please explain.

Message was edited by:

sandip raut

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

actually here no question of QA dept.

Here despatch dept want to know such materials so that if they have to despatch such material they will save the delivery in advance and and lot will be created in advance.

so that QA dept will clear the lot and despatch dept can do the PGI.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandip,

Generally the QA dept is aware of the material being produced. So they have a track of which is going to come for sales delievry. They either have there own legacy lists for inspection on delievry or with a SAP query like what I mentioned. Many a times if the products are limited experienced personnel recall from memory that this is for delivery inspection. Though this is not from system point of view I mentioned this as you asked for real life scenario !!

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

how generally this scenario is run in real life, please explain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandip,

If they want to know in advance which materials are for delievry inspection then you need to create a query with QMAT table using SQVI. This gives the inspection types associated with materials.

Better would be create a query connecting open sale order items ((from VBAP) and QMAT. So that Quality dept will know the sales orders which are going to have delievry inspection.

Hope this would help.

Regards

Ram