cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD order archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we plan to archive SD orders. The SD department wants a residental time of up to 2 years.

It could happen that a reclamation comes in where a new SD order with reference to an 4 years old one (which is already archived) has to be created. The creation of this order is not possible in default cause of the non existing order.

Does anybody have a solution for this problem?

Many thanks for any hints!

Andy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can do the following.

Create a new custom table in SAP. For all the archived sales orders, you can update the sales order number and the archived flag updated in this table. So if you have archived say 20000 orders, you will have 20000 records with 20K sales order numbers and their archive success flag.

Now in sales order BAPI, you can enable through an userexit , you can enable the following.

If for the reference sales order number, if this table is populated, then the details need to be fetched from the archived database (may be through some RFC calls, or IDOCs which you need to decide), else the reference can be taken from the SAP database itself.

This is one solution which you can think of enabling. Reward points if the solution helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navaneetha,

thanks for your answer.

The suggestions sounds good. But I´m not using any BAPI etc.

I´m using VA01 do create orders! Do you know an user exit where I can implement this?

Andy