cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing XSD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am using XI2.0 and now I want to import an XSD. I have been reading around and saw that the best way to do this is, importing an External Definition ot the type XSD. So I have imported my XSD as an External Definition. Now I do not have to create a data type and message type and go directly to my Message infterface definition. When I want to select my message, I go to external definitions but now I can only select elements and not the complete message. I want to select the complete message with all elements as a Message.

Hope some can help me out!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187437
Contributor
0 Kudos

Try selecting the root element and check whether the entire message is imported. If not, i think the problem is with the wsd file.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

at the external definition, go to tab "messages". Check if there's a definition for the whole message, like you expect. If not, try the following things:

1. Open the XSD with an tool other then XI und check if there is an element definition which has a reference to the root of the message. If not, create it and re-import the XSD. Now you should see it on tab "messages".

2. If you work with namespace check for the length. If it is longer than 60 characters XI will not show you the message definition.

Best regards,

Karlheinz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked the namespace and it's shorter than 60 chars. so the problem must be that there is no root definition. But how do I create a root definition in my XML file???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Koopmann,

You can create a root node using any XML Editor. You can use the XML Spy to re contruct the entire Message Interface, then check for the syntax using the option in XML Syp, it validates and then you can import into XI.

Hope this helped!

Regards,

Ramesh P