cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting user access through single machine without entering password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We would like to provide access to temporary user and he should be able to access our Production R/3 using SAP GUI from the machine which is allocated to him and not from any other machines in the same network.He should be able to login when he click on the login pad without entering password.

Please let me know is there a way to achieve this by changing the SAP gui settings in that machine alone/suggest me if you have an alternate solution?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks,

Vadi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vadivambal,

Restriciting access on basis of machine is not possible at SAP level. At windows level it might be !!. That you need to check with Windows administrator.

Login without password is possible (of course you may have to give password at least once). For this you need to implement SSO.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ruchit,

Thanks for your reply.

We do have SSO for portal logins and we dont want to have SSO for backend users due to some restrictions.

It would be nice if we can enble this only for particular user through single machine by changing the local GUI settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vadivambal,

Actually the second thing might be possible with logon pad. In the logon pad there is an option for short cuts. You can create a short cut for a system in launch pad which gives you the option for specifying user id and password also. However this is relevant for SAP GUI 640 or higher only. The GUI launch pad has two tabs: Shortcuts and systems. Check the short cut part.

Regards.

Ruchit,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ruchit,

We have to key in the password when we click on the shortcuts.There is a Snote 146173 for saving the password in the registry (

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\SAPShortcut\Security\ ).This would take care of our issue but nnfortunately i dont have the registry entry in my Windows machine(Windows XP).

Here where i am stuck.Do you have any idea on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vadivambal,

That is bad. Anyways do one thing. Go to start then run and then type in sapshcut.exe -register

After this check if you find the entry.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. It works