cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles for edit Jco Connections in Web Dynpro Content Administrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When I log on to the Web Dynpro Content Administrator, the buttons for maintaining the Jco Connections are all disabled?

Which roles are required to edit the Jco connections in Web Dynpro Content Administrator.

Regards,

Hui

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you don't have the required permissions then you do NOT get disabled status buttons. You will only get an error message. In your case, may be the WD Content Administrator cannot access the SLD used. You have to check the SLD connections using the Visual Admin. Set it up right and then restart the Content Administrator.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajit,

Yes, you are right that the current J2EE engine is not connected to a SLD.

Because it's the first time for me to use Adaptive RFC model, so I'm not very clear about the SLD concept here.

The J2EE engine is installed in my local computer. The RFC function which I want to call in my Web Dynpro is is on an ABAP system. Should both systems be connected to a same SLD?

Regards,

Hui

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Pl go through this link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e07753b9-fa0c-

2a10-64a8-c6754c45396e

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
arun_srinivasan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please refer this document 10th Page

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/09cb9ffb-0701-0010-4183-c2e8f405...

Assign the Created role LcrAdministrator to the Administrator and try to login again

Note assign com.sap.lcr.LcrAdministrator Action to the LcrAdministrator Role

Create the Role in UME

If the Problem still persist open the visual admin go the SLD Data supplier

Open the CIM Client Generation Settings and Grant the permiision to the all entries in list

Now check whether buttons are enabled or not

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Arun