cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to MiniWAS via Internet

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have MiniWAS running at home. I would like to hit that server while I am traveling. I have SAPGui installed on my laptop. I have internet connection while traveling. I have the IP address of my home machine. I have a router with NAT. What I need to know is first, what should my SAPLogon entry look like? Secondly, what ports do I need to open on my router and forward to my home PC? Lastly, do I need to configure the gw in any special way to allow this type of access? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The standard ports are 3600, 3300, 3200 (MiniWAS with System Number 00), then you have the HTTP Port defined in your SMICM transaction

Allowing those ports through your firewall should allow you to connect OK.

I've not tried it but please let me know how you get on with it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Can you classify the ports listed? GW, MS, etc.

Moreover, what should my SAPLogon entry look like? /H/ip address/S/port/H/? Which port should I put there?

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

ms s 3600

gw is 3200

dp is 3300

I think I'm right there and the port for your SAPLogon should be the ms port.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yup, opening those ports made it work (at home). I basically got the external address of my router and put that as the server address on SAPLogon. It connected (I assume out to the internet and back in via the router) and worked like a charm. However, while I was away, I tried the same on my laptop. It didn't work. It gave me a timeout error. I tried increasing the MessageServerTimeout in SAPLOGON.INI but that didn't help. Any other suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your MiniWAS hostname linked to the IP of your router?

hosts file the IP and MiniWAS hostname

Can you call one of the webapps from the external not just the GUI login, possible there is something else needed there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The host file has the MiniWAS hostname pointed to my internal IP address. The router has the ports forwarded to the internal IP address. Can the host file not contain my local IP address?

For example, what webapp are you referring to? I would be happy to try. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any of the webapps defined in SICF

Answers (0)