Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queston to material master Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have following problem:

I have different materials on the plant A. These Materials should be devided into two groups. group a is changeable for all people with the authorization to run MM02, group b should be only changeable for some spzific user, but not from group a.

How can i solve this problem? I think about the user authorization group, but I think it will be a lot of work to assign each material to a spezific group. Are there other possibilities?

The 2nd question is based on the first, so how can I make a restriction on the material, that the user from plant B is not able to change the material from Plant A? I tried it viea the organization level, but it does not work.

THX for your time in advance,

kind Regards

Markus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Satyabrata_Basu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

For second request you can use Auth object M_MATE_WRK. There maintain the plants allowed to change material with activity code '02'

For the first request you can maintain 'Authorization group (BEGRU) as part of Material Master data maintenance (View Basic Data 1). This field is chceked during materail management via authorization object: M_MATE_MAR, M_MATE_MAT, M_MATE_STA, M_MATE_WGR (field: Authorization group BEGRU). However, you need to make sure that this group is maintained as part of Material master data ...

Hope this helps..

Cheers !!

Satya.

PS: Pls reward points for helpful answer...thx.

3 REPLIES 3

Satyabrata_Basu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

For second request you can use Auth object M_MATE_WRK. There maintain the plants allowed to change material with activity code '02'

For the first request you can maintain 'Authorization group (BEGRU) as part of Material Master data maintenance (View Basic Data 1). This field is chceked during materail management via authorization object: M_MATE_MAR, M_MATE_MAT, M_MATE_STA, M_MATE_WGR (field: Authorization group BEGRU). However, you need to make sure that this group is maintained as part of Material master data ...

Hope this helps..

Cheers !!

Satya.

PS: Pls reward points for helpful answer...thx.

0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your answer, I will make the restriction via the user authorization group. And also the restriciton on one plant will work.

0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

you are welcome.. Thanks for the feedback

Cheers !!

Satya.