cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems calling a Webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All!

I'm having some problems calling a Webservice. I've created a deployable proxy and a client bean and from this bean I've generated a Webservice. When I test this Webservice the actual webservice call is succesfull but I get the following response from the Webservice:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Connection: close
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 10:26:37 GMT
Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
P3P: CP="NOI DSP COR ADM DEV PSA PSD HIS OTP OUR IND STA"
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
X-Powered-By: PHP/4.3.9
Server: PEAR-SOAP 0.8.0RC2-devel
Content-Type: text/xml; charset=UTF-8
Content-Length: 1887
X-Zend-WinEnabler: 1.2.0

<br />
<b>Notice</b>:  Undefined property:  actor in <b>C:Program FilesZendWinEnablerphppearSOAPServer.php</b> on line <b>318</b><br /> <br />
<b>Notice</b>:  Undefined property:  mustunderstand in <b>C:Program FilesZendWinEnablerphppearSOAPServer.php</b> on line <b>322</b><br />

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope  xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/ ....etc"

As you can see there is some HTML code in the response. This HTML code causes problems for the SAP parser as it expects a SOAP:Envelope and not some HTML junk.

I've looked up what the properties <i>mustunderstand</i> and <i>actor</i> do in a SOAP header and they seem to be optional properties. On the Webservice side the SOAP parser unfortunately seem to think these properties are mandatory.

There's probably two ways to solve this problem. The first way is to ask the guys who host this Webservice to change it are their side. The other option is to add these properties to the SOAP header on the SAP side....which brings me to my question: Is there any way to add these two properties to the SOAP header before the deployable proxy calls the Webservice?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnouid,

as far as I understand your post, the HTML code is the body of the response.

If it is so, it is not a correct SOAP-message. A SOAP header is inside of the envelope and not outside of it.

So, it is not very a big surprise, that the parser don't like this.

Aside from the form of a SOAP-message, it is not even a XML-message, which must begin with <?xml...

tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

You're 100% correct, the HTML is in the body of the response making it an invalid response. That fact unfortunately doesn't solve my problem