cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Idoc structure in creating Data Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In Data Type I want the same structure of Idoc as I have imported in the IR. So, do I have to manually create each segment in the Data Type or is there any short-cut to call the same structure of an idoc in the data type.

Warm Regards,

N.Jain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

While dealing with Idoc's no need to create data type and message type because u need to import the structure of idoc from R/3 system once u import the idoc structure and u start working with the graphical mapping there u can directly map file to idoc structure

Reward points if useful,

Best Regards,

Srinivas.D

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Datatype will be finallu used in message interface.

For achieving the task, export the idoc xsd. If u want some modifications in the existing structure, u may edit the xsd and import it again under External Definition.

This way u may get the modified version also.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I am importing the XSD in data type then it is throwing me an error that "Schema to be handled does not contain a definition of type DT_RECEIVER". So what is the error and how this can be removed.

Warm Regards,

N.jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

Import the XSD as an external definition to your namespace.

Mudit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishu,

This error is coming because internally the xsd definition contains additional Data type 'DT_Receiver' definition of which you have not imported so first import all the refering definitions then u will not get this error

Regards

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nishu,

No need to create the DT for IDOC.

you can use the same IDOC structure.

You the export and import xsd options for the IDOC.

Cheers...

Vasu

<b>** REward POints if found useful **</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

Export the xsd of the IDoc and import the same as an external definition in your scenario.

Mudit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudit,

But importing xsd will give directly the message type ? How to convert it to data type?

Regards