cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restart "successful" messages in XI / R/3?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there any possibility in XI to restart messages, which have been processed without errors?

For example: An ORDER is sent from R/3 to XI and from there to an external party. The mapping succedded without errors, but there was a logical error in it. The mapping has been fixed, and now the message should be sent again.

If resending in XI (e.g. SXMB_Moni) is impossible, what would be the best option in R/3 to resend messages which contain "live" business data?

Thanx,

CHRISTOPH

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as i know....successful messages in XI cannot be restarted again...unless errors occur

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

sure they can

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/09/xi-restarting-successfully-processed-messages

but this is not the right way to deal in this case

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a big migration project where we in worst case need to resend messages that has been sucessfully delivered into SAP, but with the previous known Z modifications I've seen it has only been possible to do it one by one.

Is it possible to adjust RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES (or similar) to be able to resend in a more batch like manner?

Yes i know it ought to be made in sender system but with 30 sender systems this is time consuming so I would like to have a smoother option than one-by-one processing.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the feedback, points coming soon...

I know the possibility to resend messages via WE19 test environment. But isn't sending "live" business messages via a test-tool critical?

Besides WE19: Any other way to repeat outgoing messages in R/3?

CHRIS

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>I know the possibility to resend messages via WE19 test environment. But isn't sending "live" business messages via a test-tool critical?

you shound't do that - that's right but with R3 you have many other possibilities:

if you want to rensed a sales/purchase order

you can just do it from VA02/me22n

from options - output and select the message and click repeat output

this way it will be resent in a nice/correct way

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks again Michal.

Is this also in general possible for for other message types except ODERS, too? E.g. DELINS / DELFOR, DELVRY, ...

CHRIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes ... you can resend all messages from inside a SAP transaction like orders, Purchase orders or transport or delivery.

For Delivery goto: VL02n -> Extras -> Deliveryoutput -> Header... repeat Message.

For Invoice goto: VF02 -> Goto - > Header ->Output

For Transport: goto -> Output

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

from R3 you can resend it again via transaction WE19

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

its not possible to resend a successful message from sxmb_moni,you need to resend the message from the original sending system(which i guess is SAP R/3 in ur case)

Thanx

Ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is possible

I described it in my blog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/09/xi-restarting-successfully-processed-messages

but the right choice is to restart it from We19 from R3

and not from XI

Regards,

michal

-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Michal:)

Regards

Ahmad