cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI Component Customization

Former Member
0 Kudos

This question is really for the SAP Web Dynpro folks in Waldorf.

First I understand that a WD goal is to produce standardized UI components and considerable work has been done to achieve a very usable UI component like Table.

And I think that the personalization at the click of control is an outstanding feature, but many applications may require customization to meet internal UI standards. An example of this would be to simply place the paging buttons to the right rather than the left Another example would be making the personalization dialog appear upon clicking a link instead of using the control key. After all, most all other features are achieved without clicking a control button. Is there an event for this type of thing? I need to know if these types of customizations are possible with the standard WD Table component. If not, are you planning to make such things customizable? Basically how do I extend these re-usable UI Components (Should these components be extended?) and still be compatible with future releases. I know you are aiming for standardized look and feel, but the fact is many companies will need to customize these UI components to meet a variety of internal considerations. If I cannot modify the components how could I achieve the types of adjustments described above? If not now when will such capability be available?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to clarify, what I would like to see is more options to customize the header and footer portion of the table without disabling any existing mechanisms like scrolling and paging. I would also like to be able to fire an event to get the customize table dialog.

dhawal_joshi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thanks for the suggestions . I would recommand if you could also add your suggestions to

POLL: Web Dynpro UI elements - enhancement proposals - posted by Armin

as collecting such feedback from individual questions are not possible , thus poll are static and acts as single point of collections for such feedback .

Thanks

Dhawal