cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribute SAPGUI 7.10 globally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

My current client is using ScriptLogic to distribute software to end users. Now they would like to use this software to distribute SApGUI 7.10. This software packages msi file. Does anyone use this software or similar software to rollout SAPGUI before? ini or unattended file for SAP? Ps. I am reading SAP Installation Server but prefer to use client software first. Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Allen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Essentially I used the SAP GUI 710 documentation on how to build a Installation Server. I followed those instructions closely except I did not enable the distribution service (DS) of the SAP Installation Server.

When I installed SAP Installation Server I used it to create a package with the components I needed. After that I created a package in SMS that uses the SAP Installation Server repository folder as the source of the package.

Thereafter I created a program in the SMS package that essentially runs the \nwsapsetup.exe /package="global" /silent

Works great and when I patch the Installation Server repository I update all the SMS DPs and advertise the \nwsapsetup.exe /update.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm in the same situation as you: I must deploy SAP with Microsoft SMS.

For information, I have several distribution point, I must deploy on PCs that do not have distribution points in local and the package is first viewed on the PC before being executed.

So I wanted to establish the method that you specify, but I have several problems / questions:

1 - I did not find how to disable the DS

2 - In my server installation I have sources installation for SAPGUI for Windows 7.1 and Business Explorer. I would like to install only SapGuiSuite, I therefore creates a package which will select that SapGuiSuite but the source file remains full and voluminous. I wish that the source does contain what is necessary to install SapGuiSuite. Is this possible?

3 - Have you ever deployé updates?

Thanks for your response,

Angélina (Colleague of Mathieu Dufetelle)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Microsoft SMS 2003 to distribute SAP GUI 620 and just recently SAP GUI 710. I basically use the SAP Installation Server to create a SAP GUI package. I then import that package into SMS for distribution to other repositories.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joel,

We are starting the testing and packaging procedure for SAPGUI 7.10 distribition. We use SMS too. Can you please send me any relevant link to SAP Installation Server and how can I create and export a package for SMS?

Regards,

Masoud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joel,

How are you importing the SapGui 7.10 pacakage to SMS DP's? Are you just simply copying the source files from the SAP Installatation server to your primary site server and advertising the command line to your clients?

Please advise.... I'm trying to use SMS 2003 SP1 to deploy SapGui 710

Regards,

Roy