cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 questions.....!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have 3 basic questions please spare some time to answer..

Q1 : What is the exact purpose of Reciever agreement and Reciever determination? why do we crete both if they are both used to identify the reciever?

Q2 : when exactly do we create Business service , party and business system?In few instances we create services with party and in few cases we create through business service. I read many notes related to this. None gave me a clear, practical description.

Q3 : What does Interface determination step do? I have created a File - JDBC communication without Interface determination. It worked fine.. why was Interface determination not required in this scenario?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Haritha,

Let me try to answer your questions:

<i>>>Q1 : What is the exact purpose of Reciever agreement and Reciever determination? why do we crete both if they are both used to identify the reciever?</i>

A1: <b>Receiver Determination</b> step is used to identify the receiver system. The parameters that you need to specifiy there are: Receiver interface, Receiver System, Sender System and Sender Interface. You might be sending data to more than one receiver, all the receivers need to be mentioned in Receiver Determination step for a particular incoming interface.

<b>Receiver Agreement</b> is used to mention what communication channel (Adapter Type) would be used to send data to the system declared in Receiver Determination Step.

<i>>>Q2 : when exactly do we create Business service , party and business system?In few instances we create services with party and in few cases we create through business service. I read many notes related to this. None gave me a clear, practical description.</i>

<b>Business System:</b> Is a logical representation of a Technical system. Business System is nothing but Technical System plus Client. So if my techical system say SRM has n clients, I can declare n Business Systems for SRM. Business Systems entails the Technical System which further entails all the techical parameters that are required to connect to particular system like port, message server etc. Using Business System saves you time from inputing all techical details and client number each time you need XI to talk to them

<b>Business Service:</b> is a abstract entity (System). It sometimes happens that your SAP system needs to communicate with third party who hasn't published their landscape. So they just provide you their interfaces. For such systems you define a Business Service (Ex for a FTP server). You might also create a 3rd party business system instead of a business service, they both mean the same. But it's mandatory to create a Business System for any SAP system, you can't create a Business Service for them.

<b>Party:</b> Party is used for B2B communications, it is generally dedicated for a particular company. You might give the party name as the company name with which your XI communcates.

<b>Service without party:</b> is used for all A2A communications within a company.

<i>>>Q3 : What does Interface determination step do? I have created a File - JDBC communication without Interface determination. It worked fine.. why was Interface determination not required in this scenario?</i>

<b>Interface Determination:</b> is used to identify the receiver interface for the system mentioned in Receiver Determination step. It may be that one receiver system receives more than one interface, so you mention the exact receiver interface for a particular sender interface in Interface Determination. You also mention the interface mapping in Interface Determination step which defines how exactly the mappings between the two takes place.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Ashish,

how do u specify the condition for multiple recievers in receiver determination?

Regards,

Haritha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Check these.....

<a href="/people/suraj.sr/blog/2006/01/05/multiple-inbound-interfaces-within-a-service:///people/suraj.sr/blog/2006/01/05/multiple-inbound-interfaces-within-a-service href="/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/03/xpath-to-show-the-path-multiple-receivers:///people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/03/xpath-to-show-the-path-multiple-receivers

with Regards,

Raju.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Haritha,

I'll come back to Q1& Q2 later. First we will see Q3. As you said in your File - JDBC scenario u didn't used Interface determiation, can u tell me what all Integration directory objects u created for this scenario? I'll answer u once u replied to it.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

Its a simple File to JDBC

Integration Director objects :

2 Data types ( one at source and one at Reciever end )

2 Mesg types ( based on the data types )

1 Message mapping

1 Interfae mapping

Regards,

Haritha

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Haritha,

The objects which u mentioned here are Repository objects, I'm asking for directory objects.

Best regards.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Raj,

sory i misread it

as I stated in my question, I have configured REciever determination, reciever agreement, sender agreement.

i havent specified internface determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Raj.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Haritha,

Its not at all possible. Can u please cross verify your objects? See the use of Interface determination is to tell for the particular sender service/interface which Inbound interface needs to used. Without knowing which inbound interface to use,how come the receiver will recieve the messages. Please verify it and reply back to us.

If you are 100% sure that scenario is working perfectly, then I need to check it out. But i'm pretty sure its not possible.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

its working fine

anyways, wl check it again

thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Q1>>>>

You use the Configuration Objects sender agreement and receiver agreement to define the communication options that you want or have to use .These agreements are collectively referred to as collabration agreement.

Receiver determination and interface determination to configure the logical roting ,which defines where a message should be forwarded and whether a mapping is necessary beforehand.

Q2>>>>

In case you have full technical inforamataion abt the Service with which you are establishing the communication then we go with Business Service.

In case of B2B across firewalls with your partner then we have to define Party and ,if the party gives partial technical information of the service then we define it in business system.

With Regards,

Raju.

Pls award points ,if useful.