cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI to VB

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to send an IDOC from an R/3 system using XI to VB .NET system.

I dont have any functional or Technical documents yet and normally to what interface we will send the data to VB .NET?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the approach for me a little wrong here

you should start with asking the VB application team

what kind of interfaces they can use

(and since you know what kind of XI adapter do you have

you just need to choose one of those)

so start with VB by asking what they can do

(and they can do a lot - SOAP, files, JMS - MSMQ, etc... )

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

on R/3 side you can use either IDOC or RFC or Proxy,for VB .Net you need to use SOAP adapter coz you will be getting the WSDL for the .Net application,import that WSDL and then configure a receiver SOAP adapter

have a look at the following to integrate .Net application

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/336365d3-0401-0010-9884-a651295a...

Thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ahamad. aS you rightly Indicated on the R/3 side wehave IDOC, RFC and Proxies as interfaces? Same way what are all the interfaces do we have on the VB .net? Only Proxies!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>Same way what are all the interfaces do we have on the VB .net? Only Proxies!!!!

No,proxies are means of integrating an ABAP or JAVA applications,its not an interface.

for .Net application you will get a WSDL and configure a receiver SOAP adapter to integrate this .Net application.

ABAP proxies work only on system >WAS 6.2 and for Java proxies the system must be capable of handling Java calls.

ofcourse .Net application( a Microsoft product) and Java proxy(a Sun product) won't be compatible,so you won't use proxies to integrate .Net

Thanx

Ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad