Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role Expert - Compliance Clibrator -Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1. I Design My roles using the Role Expert.

2. I see that there are no confliciting roles in the in this creation.

Now, this being so Why Do I need the compliance calibrator ?? I understand that to make sure that the organisaton ids complaint. but in the first place, I hav eused RE and got a complaint state already hence If I say that the CC in this state is an over head.

please clear this !!

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI pratab

User comparison are necessary when do you make any changes to the users assigned to the role or generate an authorization profile for them, then youmust compare the user master records.

Regards

Anwer Waseem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratap

Compliance Calibrator is core to the GRC Access Control suite. Components like Role Expert & Access Enforcer hook into the central ruleset that is provided through the compliance calibrator.

If you have used the SoD checker in RE, then that references the rules in CC.

It sounds like you have built a set of compliant roles, what makes you think that they will never change or the business requirements lead to more roles to be developed? There should be a mechanism in place that allows the tracking of the SoD's in these cases. If not CC, what would you replace it with? Depending on your audit arrangements, your external auditors may place reliance on your use of CC to identify & remediate SoD's as part of business as usual. Get rid of it & you will have to find an alternative or the auditors will have to perform a lot more testing which will cost your company more.

0 Kudos

Thanks, For the answers !

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to create Roles in Role Expert. ?

Is there any documentation on this. ? Any configuration required ?

Regards,

Pankaj.

0 Kudos

There are links to all the documentation for the GRC suite of products in the GRC forum