cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Import Statements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on the tutorial demo, but for some reason I lost the import statements when I did the rebuild the project. I closed the project and opened it, but it still didn't solve the problem. I un-installed the Developer Studio and re-installed it, but it is still the same. Please help me to solve this problem anyone, and I would greatly appreciate that.

Regards,

-Napadol

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if there are any errors in the metadata e.g. a missing data binding. Additionally, open the Eclipse view "PDE Runtime -> Error Log" and check if the IDE throws an exception.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

I am not sure where the Eclipse view is located. I am still new with the Web Dynpro, it's quite hard to follow through.

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

On the controller java file editor press <b>contrlshift'O'</b>.

This will organize imports for you automatically. You can also do that by right click in java file and choosing Organize Imports option under source category in menu.

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani Kr Shama,

I did this way before, but it got rid of those import statements that I need.

-Napadol

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Napadol,

If Organizing Imports is removing those imports the problem is that the Classes for which imports has to be mentioned cann't be located from the classpath of project.

Just check from which jar or projects these classes has to be loaded/located. Add them into the class path of current project.

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani Kr Sharma,

Thank you very much for your help. I tried to check the classes, but they didn't make sense to me. I am teaching myself to do this, so its hard to understand. So, I decided to delete the project, and I re-created it again. Now it works.

Regards,

-Napadol