cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapccm4x service starts and stops

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have got the latest sapccm4x for 7.00 kernel and got it registered without any errors. I can see the service starting too. But, after a few seconds, the service stops without any error messages. I can re-start the service, but it stops again in few seconds. I cannot find any clue from the log files too. If any of you have had faced the same problem. pls help.

Thanks, MM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mehfil,

let's start some guessing on this. You mentioned the 'service'. So I assume the agent is installed on windows?

Are the log files written at all, i.e. can you see really some entries in sapccm4x.log when starting the service?

If the log file isn't touched at all maybe the agent was not registered correctly. In any case it has to be registered with the complete path to the instance profile used, e.g.

sapccm4x -R pf=<X>:usrsap<SID>profile<instance profile>

Otherwise the Windows service will not find the profile. As sapccm4x will not start without a valid profile the service will stop at once.

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

These are all done perfectly.

The service on windows gets registered properly, and starts too.. But, it just stops without any errors !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds worth opening a message at SAP...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ran into this problem a while back on UNIX. The agent couldn't connect to the shared memory segment it wanted when it ran, so it would time out and quit. Try restarting the SAP system you are trying to run sapccm4x on, flushing the shared memory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyyyyy takers?

former_member390530
Discoverer
0 Kudos

For Windows: Reinitialize the shared memory by using the following command:

sapccm4x.exe -initshm pf=<complete path to the instance profile> via the command prompt.