cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A scenario reg sales orgn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

Hope u are aware that sales orgn is unique to a company code.I came across a scenario for the first time.When i was trying to create a intercompany billing transaction.

ie there are 2 company codes

company code X Sales Area X.

Company code Y Sales Area Y.

Both these ccd are assigned to the same client.

I accidentally created a customer in xd01.With internal no range assignment ,Acct gp: sold to party.

The input parameters given were company code : X Sales Area : Y(ie,sales org,Dist Chnl,Division assigned to comapny code Y).

Still i was allowed to create a customer master.Can anybody try this out and tell me the background of this scenario.

regards,

k.Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your scenario you are only looking at the SD perspective, but when you do the billing will it save? It will give you a account determination error. So that postings will never happen in the company codes in the Fi module.

This flexibility of creating a customer in Y sales area with X company code is probably to have a flexibility from the SD side so that a customer can belong to 2 or more company codes and the customer can be referenced from other sales areas and company codes.

Hope i was able to make it clear.

Regards

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ayub,

It is not in SD perspective.My question is when u have not assigned a Sales orgn to that company code.How does the system allow u to create a customer with a sales area dfferent to that company code.

Regards,

K.Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear K. Vivek,

<b>Hope u are aware that sales orgn is unique to a company code.</b>

Sales Area (Combination of Sales Org, Dist Chann, Div) can be directly at Client instead of Company Code.

Multiple sales org can be assigned to one company code.

Visit the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/90/758534c960a134e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

This is a new input for me.Thanks for throwing some light on this issue.But in what scenario this useage is applicable.

Regards,

K.Vivek

Answers (0)