cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populating Custom Containers in ALRTCATDEF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have developed an Alert Category and within it I have developed a custom container that I want to populate using the Data from Payload (Source Message). Any suggestion that How can i populate the that and so the some Data field from Payload will appear in Alert Message.

By the way I am not using BPM.

Thanks.

-Adrean.

Message was edited by:

Adrean Hart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adrean,

I think its not possible to alert based on payload without BPM. Please see the weblog and the discussion below in the weblog

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1382. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I have been through that weblog already. Though my requirement was to populate the container variavle during Mapping runtime and then populate the values of the variables in alert message without use of BPM.

Thanks.

-Adrean.

Message was edited by:

Adrean Hart

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Without using BPM, you can think/try out with triggering an alert from UDF:

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-defined-function

Otherwise, you can use email functionality to notify the error message rather an alert....so that you can customize your output format/or error message required.

Hope this helps,

Rgds,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

I think that raising Alert from UDF will not work as I do not want to raise aler for all the time. I want to raise it only whe there is error somewhere in Integration Engine during Message Transmission (including mapping) to the target. As I am using HTTP receiver it is all part of IE and I want to raise alert only if somthing fails including HTTP service at target.

Though the email functionality that you mentioned is interesting/promising. Can you please provide more info on what can be done to achieve my scenario as mentioned above. I am using Graphical mapping. No UDF is being used in Message Mapping. In Interface Mapping besides using regular graphical mapping, a piece of Java code for additional mapping req. as second Mapping program.

Thanks.

-Adrean.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the requirement, you need to raise an alert for mapping failure also right.

In this case I recommend you to go with the option of handling these errors in the mapping.

Now assuming the your Http receiver is sync. If it is a synchronous, you should get some response with a success. Based on this, you can raise an alert from the mapping using UDF or send an email with the receiver mail adapter.

For this entire logic of error and exception handling you need to do in the mapping. You will be having a mapping 1) for Send a req to HTTP Receiver

2) Get the response and map to one more interface

And based on this response send a mail or trigger an alert.

This will work when this is of SYNC scenario. If it is not, as http adapter is not part of J2EE adapter engine, you can not raise from Adapter engine level, After SP14, you can raise an alert for the J2EE based adapter engine directly...

Hope this helps

Rgds,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

Mine is Asynch Scenario and we are on PI 7.0 SP11, Is it possible with my current SP level?

Thanks.

-Adrean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adrean,

Could you let us know what kind of value you want to populate in custom containers when a mapping error happens.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me say,

PO Number and current Date and Mapping Error etc.

-Adrean

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adrean,

You can fill custom containers using FM SALERT_CREATE or SALERT_CREATE_API.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure how can I use those FM during my Message Processing to populate the custom container and in case of error raise the alert. In details?

Thanks.

-Adrean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adrean,

In that case you wont be able to use the FM which i mentioned.

Not too sure how you can populate custom variables when a error is raised..

I believe there are BADIs available which you can use..

Regards,

Sumit