cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello expert,

I Have the following escenary file -> XI -RFC to sap.

We have the next problem. There is one aplication that executing one FTP to XI and put one file in the specific directory.

The problem is that XI collects the file before the aplication finish to write it.

There is any parameter into XI where i can retarding the time of collected the file and wait until it be finished to write the file

Thank you, very much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Antonio,

Surely its possible ,but the File must not be in FCC mode. Please see the below help Advanced mode,

Milli secs to wait before modification check

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

Best regards,

raj.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

in addition to Raj's solution,you can set the polling interval of the sender File adapter to a larger value ,so that it does not polls frequently and the File is not half picked

Thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have this same issue but I do use file content conversion so the advance features are not available to me in this case. I am unsure of a solution to this issue at this point. Changing the polling interval will only move the problem to a another file being written later ? wont it ?

Short of manipulating the file outside of XI is there a reliable solutuion to XI accessing files while being written by a UNIX "cp" command ?

thanks