cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In test mode the mapping is executed on the J2EE server running the repository (i.e not the runtime server). This statement tells that there are more than one j2ee servers in XI. Could you please tell me how many j2ee servers that xi has ??

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>In test mode the mapping is executed on the J2EE server running the repository (i.e not the runtime server)

see the Runtime server(i.e sxmb_moni) is not based on java stack but it based on ABAP stack,mapping is executed in the j2ee stack .hence we have one j2ee server(stack) and one ABAP server(stack)

Thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed !

The real query is ........ how the mapping is executed in test mode and real time mode ?? what is the difference between both types of execution ?? What may be the possible reasons that a well tested mapping failing in real time ??

thanks

kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

when we test the mapping using the test tab,we mostly specify some values for the fields and test the mapping,here we dont give any XML structure.so its possible that the mapping works when we are giving the values manually but when we give the XML,it might not be well formed or might be missin some important information(like closing tags or some other syntactical error) and coz of this mapping fails in real time.

basic difference is that in real world XML is taken into consideration whereas when testing through test tab we give vaules not the XML(even though we can give XML here too,and if we do then it will work exactly the same way it is gonna works in real life)

Thanx

Ahmad

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the real time, if you think about XI pipeline, mapping comes into picture in the later stage. i.e Sender Agreement, Receiver Determination , Interface Determination and then Mapping executes here. So now , in the real time these above steps will happen live.. so no one will interfere inbetween.So entire input to the mapping is driven by your design and configuration objects.

However, during test mode, you don't have end-to-end. You are just testing a component or module of your complete scenario.

About the reason to fail during runtime: During runtime, you will not have control over ur message structure. So many a times mapping fails because of inproper xml input to the mapping. (namespace problem, node problems etc)

Note that , now with the debugging trace in the Mapping editor, you can forsee most of the errors during test mode itself.

Also mapping runtime error may be becuase of data problems. If you do very complex mapping with valdiations etc, if any data format changes it will dump.

Hope this helps,

Rgds,

Moorthy

Answers (0)