cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart form requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a web service BAPI whose table's content I want to display either in smart form,sap script or any other tool from Portal end.I am using webdynpro for java.

Please let me know how it can be performed?

Looking forward for the reply.

Regards,

Pawan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

I should clarify. If you are planning to use Web Dynpro your first task is to get data into the Context Controller of the Web Dynpro component you are using. Data is obtained via an Adaptive Web Service model which is generated for you by Web Dynpro if you provide it a WSDL. So you need to create a Web Dynpro Project (If you plan to use the NWDI which most projects will it is best to create development component project of type Web Dynpro rather than just a Web Dynpro project), Anyhow once you you will an empty models folder in the project. Right click this to be prompted for the model type. The model will be generated if the WSDL meets the criteria for generating a model. If it is created you still need to initiatlize the model in the wdDoInit() method of the Web Dynpro component controller and place the model nodes correctly in the Context of the Component Controller.

This is accessed using wdContext from wdDoInit(). Once the data is properly in the context you will need to use context mapping to map the data into the context of the view controller from which it can be applied to the UI components in the Views layouts.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

You should publish your environment Netweaver 7.0 (ie 04s).

Most likely what you need is to create a Web Dynpro Model based on the published WSDL of the web service you have created. This model must then be bound to the within the Web Dynpro Component Controller. Once the data is in the context of the component controller it can be consumed by a web dynpro view. The Web Dynpro View can have a variety of UI components in its layout including table, forms etc. To see this process

you need to create a WD project (it should probably be of development component type), and then create a model of web service type. This will prompt for the WSDL.

I hope this answers your question or is a place to start.