cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consuming Purchase Requisitions in SNP

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have a requirement to consume Purchase Requisitions in APO based on stock movements for that location product in R/3 realtime. The stocks are receipted in R/3 from an external vendor independently of the Purchase requisitions in APO. Is there any feature in APO that we can leverage to consume the Purchase Requisitions? Any suggestions on how we should create a dev object for this purpose will also suffice.

Regards

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

purchase reqs. are not consumed by goods receipts.

I assume that you perform your goods receipts w/o reference to purchase orders / puchase reqs?

What about creating a program (user-exit?) that performs a heuristic whenever stock adjustments are transferred via cif? This would automatically re-calculate the PRs.

regards

JB

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen.

We were toying with the idea of running Location Heuristics in the background triggered on having a stock movement in R/3. We have CTM as the planning engine since we need to do network material and capacity constrained planning. Triggering location CTM like location Heuristics does not look very easily feasible. Location Heuristics looks technically more feasible, however it is unconstrained planning and has different safetystock behaviours. I feel it is a decent compromise though. (Unfortunately the vendors are yet configured in the system to have POs)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have a situation here where we cannot use Heuristics triggered by Stock Movements in R/3. reason is that the supply plans received in APO are not generated by Heuristics/CTM in the first sweep. It is in fact received from the planning systems of the partner which would have some kind of pre or post-builds. This means that the supply plans can be any random series of numbers. How dow we consume the plans in such a situation with stock received in R/3?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

if the supply plans are created / generated by your vendors that does not impact running the heuristic. Heuristic would just equal the existing PRs (which are not converted to POs). What about running the heuristic but not publishing the PRs to any connected ERP system? If you do so, do not forget to clean the queue (reorganization?).

regards

JB

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

JB

I am not sure if I followed the answer. Let me be more specific with the scenario.

Lets take the following situation with numbers as below:

Initial wk1 wk2 wk3 wk4

Net Requirement 100 150 100 250

Vendor Supply Pln 250 100 150 100

Stk on Hand 0 150 100 150 0

There is no PO coming on the vendor in R/3 or APO as its purely designed to be managed in APO. The stock movements however takes place in R/3 which eventually needs to update the plan. So say in the example a stock of 100 units is received from the vendor, the situation should as below:

Initial wk1 wk2 wk3 wk4

Vendor Supply Pln 250 100 150 100

Stk on Hand 100 50 100 150 0

In this situation Heuristics would have proposed the following plan:

Initial wk1 wk2 wk3 wk4

Heuristics Sup Pln 0 150 100 250

Stk on Hand 100 0 0 0 0

We do not have any POs in the system. I want to understand on how we can configure the system to consume the vendor supply plans in form of Purchase Reqs with stock movements in R/3. There is no requirement to publish the results in R/3.

Thanks

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

where do you capture the informations of vendors supply plan, in R/3?

If so you just need to interface them to APO and map them (within the CIF) to purchase reqs/purchase orders category. Then you do not have to run the heuristic. Whenever you call a location product, your supply situation (esp. expected stock on hand) will be updated.

regards

JB

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

JB

Thanks for the reply. We are getting vendor supply plan in APO as purchase requisitions. We get through a flatfile input that we finally map to Distr Receipt (Planned) in APO. Let me explore the idea of getting the plan in R/3. So from what I understand from your message, is that it is possible to decrement purchase requisitions in R/3 with stock movements in R/3.

Thanks

Srinivas

Answers (0)