cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Invalid number format for port number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having problems while installing Solution Manager 4.0 SR2 on HP-UX 11.23 Itanium 2. The installation stops while Java Load. The DB is up and running.I can connect to it through SQL.The details of the jload.log file are as under:

05.07.07 14:57:03 com.sap.inst.jload.Jload main

SEVERE: couldn't connect to DB

05.07.07 14:57:03 com.sap.inst.jload.Jload logStackTrace

SEVERE: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Invalid number format for port number

at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:112)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:146)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:255)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:387)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:420)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.java:165)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:35)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:801)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.NativeConnectionFactory.createNativeConnection(NativeConnectionFactory.java:215)

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.createConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:522)

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.getConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:276)

at com.sap.inst.jload.db.DBConnection.connectViaSecureStore(DBConnection.java:105)

at com.sap.inst.jload.db.DBConnection.connect(DBConnection.java:149)

at com.sap.inst.jload.Jload.main(Jload.java:580)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:81)

I have checked the tnsnames.ora file and the entries are good and the PORT is set to 1521.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

sap fixed my problem.

In fact, there was an error in xml files used for the Java Add-in installation.

During the phase "createSecureStore ", the port was indicated as undefined.

So, I sent the files control.xml and keydb.xml to SAP in order to indicate a port number.

I placed these files in my installation directory and continued with old installation and it worked !

Regards

Raphael Gauthereau

brad_overbeek
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

I'm having the same issue with the installation of the java stack as part of an ERP 6.0 installation, on an HP-UX 11.23 Itanium system. The SCS instance installs fine, but when I run the install for the java database instance, I get the following error messages in the "Import java dump" step:

07.01.08 11:19:37 com.sap.inst.jload.Jload main

SEVERE: couldn't connect to DB

07.01.08 11:19:37 com.sap.inst.jload.Jload logStackTrace

SEVERE: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Invalid number format for port number

I'm using 1527 for the listener port. Is this the problem?

Thank you.

Brad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have some troubles while installating a portal as Add-in (same database as our BI 7).

I have already installed the central service instance (SCS).

However, when I try to install the Java stack, there is an error during the phase "Java dump importation".

This error is :

"java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Invalid number format for port number

Io exception: Invalid number format for port number".

In fact, the tns port of my instance is 1531 instead of the standard port 1521 (/etc/tnsname.ora and /etc/listener.ora), but I don't know how to modify this port in the installation files (is it in the control.xml file ?).

I wonder if the url for jdbc access is correct, but I don't how to check this ...

I tried to change the port of the listener in 1521 and 1527, I restarted each time the listener and the installation, but I always obtain the same error ...

So, I need help !

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth

I'm getting same problem (invalid port). Could you pls pass me the solution of this problem?

Regards

Amar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

I just restarted the installation and it worked. You could also try changing the port no to 1521 (oracle default) while installing. The SAP inst defaults the port no to 1527.