cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Row Layout - Can I spread the ui-elements apart in a row?

Former Member
0 Kudos

On a new screen I'm developing, I am using Row Layout. On any given row, the label for the second field in the row appears immediately after the ui element (input field, etc.) for the first field (no space separating them at all). Is there anything that can be done to have there be a little space between them?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is that, with either grid layout or matrix layout, all the columns have to line up. That is not what I want. They are all different size, and neither would accomplish the goal of putting many fields on the screen. I want to use row layout, but just put a little space between a field and the label for the next field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if your fields are stratching the layout of gridlayout and matrix layout,

you can always set the colspan attribute to 2 or even more for the given field,

i use matrix layout in the generation of label/inputfield combination together with colspan

this gives the best result in dynamic ui building

grtz,

Koen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont exactly get what you mean by all columns lining up. By specifying the matrix head data and matrix data for your ui elements, you can have variable number of elements in each row, right? If thats what you are trying to get? You specify the width as 100% and the field lengths would get adjusted accordingly.

Regards

Nithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

In a row layout, there is no option to specify the spacing between elements. Instead, you can use a Matrix layout or a grid layout with column count as per your requirement. You can specify the cell spacing also.

Regards,

Nithya

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If make the first row data as a row head data , in the properties you can set the row design ,where you can set the sapcing.

Thanks

Anzy