cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Guide for CPCC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

anybody heard about CPCC (Contract Pricing Chargeback Customer). I am looking for an installation guide or system landscape guide. I know it needs to be a standalone instance on WAS 6.x (?) but what is it, what are the HW requirements.

thanks for the help,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

never heard of it before, but I did a search on the SAP Service Marketplace for "CPCC" and found lots of results. Maybe SAP Note 538083 is a good starting point for you.

Hope that helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx. I got already all OSS note but I am looking more for an installation guide due to the fact that it is a standalone application there should be something like this

former_member185837
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Well I think he was right, as Note 538083 (CPCC Application Server Installation/Administration) is indeed a step by step guide for installing CPCC.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/538083 (SMP logon required)

And you are right, as it is a standalone application, implemented in COBOL which uses Oracle as a database.

What kind of additional information are you looking for?

Cheers, <a href="https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/Davide+Cavallari">Davide</a>

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CPCC is obsolete and I think SAP is discontinuing it. They're now offering two different standard solutions:

1. SAP CRM provides contract pricing and chargebacks from the manufacturer's perspective (I think it's targeted at pharma manufacturers specifically)

2. SAP Compensation Management provides contract pricing and chargebacks from the wholesaler's perspective. It's part of ECC 6.0.

There's also a 3rd-party solution called Vistex, but it requires additional license fees, etc. You may want to take a look at my blog - I've detailed the Compensation Management functionality there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I haven't used the CPCC system myself but I believe it's a standalone non-SAP system - probably COBOL with an Oracle database. SAP seems to have provided the necessary IDOC interfaces to integrate it with an R/3 system.

One alternative: I think some of the CPCC functionality is already present in SAP CRM 4.0 (which supports Pharma contracts and chargebacks). That might be an option for you.

I've seen a presentation that indicated that CRM 5.0 will completely replace CPCC, but it didn't contain any details nor did it mention if SAP was planning to offer an upgrade path from CPCC -> CRM...

Finally, I've previously implemented Pharma contract pricing and rebates in standard 4.6B R/3. But that approach requires custom development, particularly if you plan to use the EDI 844/845 transactions.

Regards

Rick