the SAP software they need, without creating a message to XX-SER-SAPSMP-

SDM asking to approve the ordered software in the customers download

basket.

As we don't have a Solution Manager System which can connect to SAP, we

cant approve our selected downloads.

I am just looking for a procedure to approve my selected downloads, as

i think i in the future will be annoyed if i have to send a message

each time i need to download software.

Do i have to install a Solution Manger System outside my closed network ?

and if how do it setup this SOLMAN system which cannot access my other SAP systems ?

Regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

alexander_maetzing
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

I think if you write about a "closed" environment you mean a real closed one without any contact to SAP, regardless if with or without saprouter.

If you have installed an additional SolMan outside of your environment, you have to maintain SMSY transaction with the data of your systems. If it is possible to have a temporarily access from SolMan to your satellite systems it would be fine, if not maintain their data in SMSY manually. In my eyes it should be enough to define them with their main instance. If this is done you can create solution landscapes and based on them MOPZ should work.

Another possibility than the "external SolMan" or the SAP message unfortunately I can't imagine ...

Best regards, Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander

YES you are right, i am talking about a completely closed network.

At this point, i think the only solution is to install a Solution Manager system outside my closed network.

But then i have to define and maintain my SAP system landscape manually.

I wont be able to use any of the benefits from this Solman system!!

The only thing i can use from this environment for is to APPROVE my own ordered downloads in my own download basket.

That's what i call a SOLUTION.

Hopefully SAP will recognize they have to offer something else for solving this issue.

Does anyone else, have another solution on how to solve my problem?

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

Unfortunately, you will need to install Solution Manager to approve your own downloads. You don't have to install it outside your closed network, but you will need to install SAPROUTER.

SAPROUTER will allow you to connect to SAP securely. It's basically a port based firewall. Documentation on SAPROUTER can be found:

http://service.sap.com/saprouter

There is a very good document which provides step by step instructions on how to setup the maitenace optimizer (which is repsonsible for downloads). http://service.sap.com/solutionmanager -> Maintenance Optimizer -> Step by step guide.

If you have more specifc questions let me know...

Please award points if helpful...