cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get SAPRFC working on XAMPP 1.6.2? Try this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have just managed to get SAPRFC working with XAMPP 1.6.2 (released on 29/05/2007). I noticed there was not much information on XAMPP in the PHP Development forum, so thought this might be useful for anyone who may wish to use it.

I originally started with Craig Cmehil's post <a href="/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/05/15/getting-started-with-php started with PHP</a>. I already had XAMPP installed, so just needed to update it and add SAPRFC support.

I am using the following:

Windows XP SP2

XAMPP 1.6.2 - <a href="http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html">http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html</a>

This includes:

1. Apache 2.2.4

2. MySQL 5.0.41

3. PHP 5.2.2 + 4.4.7 + PEAR + Switch

4. And other modules included. See XAMPP website for more information on the extra modules included.

SAPRFC 1.4-5.20 - . This provided me with a link to SAPRFC 1.4-5.2.0. Using the php_saprfc.dll file included in this ZIP file solved the problem.

<u>Instructions</u>

1. Install XAMPP and follow setup taking defaults (I installed to C:\DEV\XAMPP)

2. Extract SAPRFC to a suitable location (e.g. C:\DEV\SAPRFC)

3. Copy the php_saprfc.dll file to the XAMPP\PHP\EXT folder (as defined in the extensions_dir in PHP.INI).

4. Copy the remainder of the SAPRFC ZIP file to the XAMPP\HTDOCS folder. Create subdirectory if required.

4. Edit PHP.INI and add the line <i>extensions=php_saprfc.dll</i> You will need to add this after the last <i>extensions=<some_extension>.dll</i> line.

5. Shutdown and restart Apache using the XAMPP Control.

6. Launch Internet Explorer and go to page <i>http://localhost/saprfc_test.php</i> or if you have put the SAPRFC PHP files in a subdirectory go to <i>http://localhost/yoursubdirectory/saprfc_test.php</i>.

7. By running the saprfc_test.php file you should see a logon page.

It should now be working on the PHP 5.2.2. I have not tested with the 4.4.7 version.

That's all you need to do, so you should now be able to test some of the examples that are in the Blogs.

Best of luck

Nick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I've found simple solution for all problems with "Generate Activation Context failed for ... php_saprfc.dll". This has something to do with missing libraries at your system.

The next trace in Event viewer -> System was:

"Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

The solution is install: Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86)

"vcredist_x86.exe" available at Microsoft downloads page.

Good luck

Michal.

jaideeps
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

hi nick,,

I have done with the settings but still this message is showing...

SAPRFC extension not loaded

Message: This script use SAPRFC extension module for PHP and the extension isn't loaded. You can download it with installation instructions from http://saprfc.sourceforge.net. If you have already the extension compiled and installed, check your php.ini configuration

can you please help me..i have xamp 1.6.3a

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might need to copy the librfc32.dll to your system directory - check my blog listed in the first message

jaideeps
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

hi,

No even then it is not working....whether the librfc32.dll should be place inside a specific folder...i copied to the C:\windows folder...

thanks

jaideep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jaideep

Could you check your PHP.INI file? I have just noticed a slight (but crucial spelling mistake in my initial post).

Do you have the line extension=php_saprfc.dll in your php.ini file? If so, check whether it says <i>extension</i> or <i>extensions</i>? It should be <i>extension</i>.

Nick

jaideeps
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Nick,

thanks for your immediate reply,,

It was extension only..then also its not working...i have the latest XAMP version..and tell me which SAPRFC i need to install/configure

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my initial post, go for the SAPRFC download I mentioned, not the latest one. Try that with XAMPP 1.6.3a.

I have not updated to XAMPP 1.6.3a as yet, so do not know if it will work. The two most obvious issues were the php_saprfc.dll line (as mentioned above) and the post from Craig. I have just returned from 2 weeks on holiday, so will have a look when I can and let you know. Busy catching up on emails at present.

In the meantime, try different versions of php_saprfc.dll and make sure you restart Apache as you may not pick up the latest version when testing.

jaideeps
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Nick,

I have finally installed the version what you have suggested...

And am checking with my SAP Netweaver2004s demo...

During the login following error occurs :

what will be my message server...logon group...

RFC Error Info : Key : RFC_NOT_INIT Status : Message : RFC subsystem not yet initialized. Internal:

thanks

jaideep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jaideep

I have upgraded to 1.6.3.a and it is working. I did not have to change anything, so yes it does work.

However your issue with "RFC subsystem not yet initialized" is according to the forum a codepage issue but am not sure which one (although my SAP Logon says Default). I used Default and then got an error saying "Connect from SAP gateway to RFC server failed". I am assuming this is because the either the SAP Gateway is not set up or not running. I think you will need to configure that on your demo system.

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to enter the codepage into the login screen - which one did you enter? It should be a number.

jaideeps
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

can you tell me what number i need to mention...and also for the follwoing fields

Message server: ?????

R/3 system name: ????

Logon group: ????

Language: EN

?? trace (RFC debug info to syslog)

?? authenticate user login data (if not set, the RFC connection is opened only)

SAP Codepage: ???

thanks

jaideep